Author Topic: Open meeting 3-10-2012  (Read 10910 times)

Piscolli

Open meeting 3-10-2012
« on: February 29, 2012, 04:37 PM »
The first AZCA "open" meeting of 2012 will be on 3-10 at 2 pm. We will be meeting at the Windy Hill Amphitheatre at Roosevelt. This meeting is open to prospective member that have not already attended one of our functions to introduce yourself and see if the AZCA is for you. Some of you prospects may be returning for your second meeting and will be voted in as member.

For those of you that may be camping, we will be in the Coati area at Windy Hill. Several of our members plan to camp for the weekend with a few members going up on the 8th. Many of us will also meet at 7 am the morning of the 10th at the Badger Ramp to launch for a morning of fishing. Some may go back out after our our official meeting at 2 pm as well.

At any rate it promises to be a great weekend of camping and fishing. I hope to see you there.

P.S. Attached is a PDF map of Windy Hill
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:55 PM by Piscolli »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Open meeting 3-10-2012
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:58 PM »
I'll be there!  Planning on arriving at Coati Loop sometime around 2:30-3pm on Friday afternoon.  See ya there!

LLL

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Working on it but not sure we are going to make this one.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I understand I need a Tonto pass...  Where do I get that?  Anything else I need to camp there?  Any supplies close?  Minnows?

Thanks for the help...  See ya'll up there...

:dance:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:33 PM »
i have an ugly custody trial in payson on fri the ninth. stop into the courthouse for popcorn and serious drama. lookin forward to sat on the water and camping sat night weather permitting.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:57 PM »
I understand I need a Tonto pass...  Where do I get that?  Anything else I need to camp there?  Any supplies close?  Minnows?

Chris, here's da link for Tonto Pass info.  You'll need the blue daily pass w/ watercraft sticker (If you decided to bring your boat) for both camping at Coati along with parking at da ramp - one pass per 24 hour period: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/tonto/home/?cid=fsbdev3_018749&width=full  Other than online or at Forest Service offices, there is a link to a list of local venders that carry them.  Some local businesses up there do sell them - not Kilmer's though.  Stores like Big 5 Sports & Circle K sell them here in da valley.

Minnows at the Butcher Hook or Tackle Box in Tonto Basin along with supplies if using SR87.  If using US60 thru Miami/Globe, Minnows at some no named bait shop just as you enter Miami on the right or Kilmer's on SR188 that's on da way to da lake.  Supplies in Globe.

LLL
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:59 PM by cousinlll »

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Thanks, Cousin...

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 05:31 AM »
Jakes corner store has minnows and if your coming in from the salt side M and S marine there at spring creek (used to carry minnows) several stores there in tonto basin sell the passes, (they have signs out saying the sell them)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Tonto Pass; I stopped at the Bartlett Ranger station for my daily car/boat pass a few weeks ago. Then I remembered I had a Senior Pass I bought a few years back. I showed it to the ranger and asked what it was for. She said (with the senior pass) I can get an annual Tonto car/boat pass for like $20. A no brainer. This pass allows you access on all Tonto lakes/parks with car and/or boat. Good Luck!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:16 AM »
O - you will still need a Tonto pass to camp. I  think its half price w/ senior pass.
Call Tonto rangers & ask.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal