Author Topic: Tucson area ob. motor repair serfvice  (Read 12128 times)

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

Tucson area ob. motor repair serfvice
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Having problems w/ 50 Merc..  Had the water pump and impellar R & R two years ago.  No water peeing from it now when running.
Does any one know of Tucson (Central or East side) repair service?  I have used Catalina Marine and have been satisfied with them but they are 50 miles from home.  I've also used Mike's Mobile Service and was satisfied with him but haven't been able to reach him.
Would appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks.
Dick Matchinsky
AZ-Mn.ANGLER

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Tucson area ob. motor repair serfvice
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Somebody give him Bobby Crowbait or Vu's number.  They should be able to advise. 

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Not to hijack your thread, but, I run a 50 Merc and had the same issue. I cleaned the outlet with a wire and been good since then. 2 years I think. 
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Somebody asked the same question on da zone.  Here's the link: http://www.azbasszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124121&highlight=tucson

Good to hear from you again Dick!!

LLL

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Thanks to all who answered my post.  I checked them out and the only one I could find who could get at my OB today was John at Vail.  I got his phone # and referral thru a link provided by cousin111.  (Thanks buddy.)  There were five guys who recommended John, posted on the AZBASSZONE.
He checked out the problem and got everything working and got the carb's in sync.  I was there for about and hour and he charged me $20.  (I gave him more then that)
If you live near the East side of Tucson and have OB problems, you might want to check with him.  His ph. # is 520-762-5694.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Awesome! Great when it works out that way. What was the water pump problem? As I said, I have the same engine.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline THE DAD

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Hey guys, just a word of caution here I'm not trying to sell you anything, but we recommend replacing your water pump impeller every 2 years. As do most manufacturers.  It only takes a minute to do some serious damage once that impeller goes out on you, so it is really some cheap insurance to have it done regularly. Our price is about $100.00 for this service depending on your motor and most repair shops will have similar pricing.
If you have a fresh impeller but no water coming from the weep hole, a quick blast of compressed air or a small wire will clear any calcium or debris in the tubing.
1 MORE CAUTION ;  a good water stream from the weep hole when you are testing your motor in the driveway with the motor flush [ear muffs] on .DOES NOT mean it will pick up water from the lake, The motor flush is forcing water thru your motor.
Good luck out there.

Offline sandman

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25 PM »
Thanks Davin. $100 is a WHOLE lot cheaper than the repair cost from an overheated motor.

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Dan sorry about not getting back to you. I use a place off of Dodge and Ajo. Close to the brewery.
Anyhow they have done general maintenance for me. impeller etc. No problems. Not sure what a good or not good rate would be. VU probably has better connections since he is fishing more than us. I have bad news, I sold my boat.  :crybaby2: got to the lake once last year to fish. That was at powell with the boy's.

Anyhow, there is a thread on basszone(can you mention that site on this tread. Don't want piscolli to pull info) someone out in Vail is getting some good reviews. Hope this helps and hope to see you all this spring with the rest of the crows

Piscolli

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Dan sorry about not getting back to you. I use a place off of Dodge and Ajo. Close to the brewery.
Anyhow they have done general maintenance for me. impeller etc. No problems. Not sure what a good or not good rate would be. VU probably has better connections since he is fishing more than us. I have bad news, I sold my boat.  :crybaby2: got to the lake once last year to fish. That was at powell with the boy's.

Anyhow, there is a thread on basszone(can you mention that site on this tread. Don't want piscolli to pull info) someone out in Vail is getting some good reviews. Hope this helps and hope to see you all this spring with the rest of the crows

I don't care if you put up a link to a AZBZ thread, why should I? If it help someone out that's great. There is no "us against them" thing here Bobby.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal