Author Topic: rod holders??  (Read 6423 times)

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

rod holders??
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:28 AM »
More and more of our "good" crappie fishermen are recommending the use of "long poles..."  (8 to 14 ft. long)  I've used 12 ftrs. for many years.
My question regards the rod holders being used and why those types are preferred.  I realize the size and shape of the boat is a major factor.
I have been using Cabela's Quick Release holders but with the long handles on my rods, It's sometimes awkward to get them out of the holder.
Any suggestions to share with our members?
Thanks.
AZ-Mn.ANGLER

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: rod holders??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I have all Driftmasters on my boat now and like them very much. If your at the doings tomorrow take a look........Art

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Thanks, Art.  Won't be able to make the meeting tomorrow but will look into the Drift Master rod holders.
Hope to see you on the water at Rosy, real soon
AZ-Mn.ANGLER

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Dick:

Take a look at www.hitekstuff.com Guy makes some really nice stuff & will customize to your needs. His website doesnt show all his stuff. Very highly recommended on crappie.com Just do a search there for "rod holders" & you'll read along with looking at pics for hours on all the different set ups out there!

This is the set up I bought from him - works great for spider rigging & long line trolling.  Very easy to get your pole out of da rack. I have one on each side of my trolling motor.  I'm looking into rod transport set up now for my long poles. Some really interesting transport options out there.

LLL

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:29 PM by cousinlll »

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Thanks, cuz.  Gonna check out the rod holders you suggested.  (thanks for the pic, also,)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:41 AM »
+1000 on Hitek!  They are the best out there by far!  Scott is a great guiy and will customize anything you want for your boat.  There is a picture of my son Christian on his web site with the rod holders in the back ground.  Tell him Greg from AZ sent ya his way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:43 AM by IAMMAC »

Piscolli

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 09:20 AM »
Hey Mac, I just saw the pic of Chris, awesome!

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Thx.

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Hey "IAMMAC" and "cousin111."  Thanks for the link to "hitekstuff.  I ordered a 4 pole and a 2 pole set up..  They've been easy to work with.  (Scott Echols)  I hope all goes well from here on in. 
Dick
AZ-Mn.ANGLER
Thanks also, to Art, for sharing his expertise.

Offline crappiholic

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Hi-Tek holders are the only way to go.  I've used everything on the market and wouldn't swap for nothing! :sign0144:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal