Author Topic: SC 3- 11  (Read 6232 times)

wadefisherman

SC 3- 11
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Me and Red Mule fished SC pretty hard among the flotilla (over 40 boats) with limited success. We finished up with 9 fish using C & C rigs. We did better than all of the other people we talked to on the water. It was a beautiful day but the fish were not on the bite. Launch conditions are very good, 2 wheel drives will not have any problem on the hard packed dirt. Thanks Larry for letting us crash out with you and Joe Saturday night. It was great hanging out with you guys.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: SC 3- 11
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Wow! Interesting report - Thanks Brian.  At least you caught enough for a meal.

Your always welcome to crash at my place!  Hope you were able to get comfortable & get a little sleep.

LLL

Offline Halibut Warrior

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Thanks for the report Brian. Guess we should start planning for two-dayers when we go there from now on. Were there any smallish size fish in the mix?

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:39 PM »
We had one close to 2 lbs, all others were about 1.25-1.5 lbs. Lotz of people were camping in their trailers close to the launch site. The warm weather this week will probably get them biting again. We graphed plenty of fish.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 06:28 AM »
another big cold storm this weekend temps in the low 60's down into the 50's :wtf: need two weeks in a row of nice weather, these weekly cold fronts are killing the spawn
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:59 AM »
We were there too. Took 15 home. BBC was the best tail but we caught something on everything,, even yellow?? People I talked to were fishing slowww and catching next to nothing. So why fish slow?? Started to troll at 1.1 / 1.2 and the fun began.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 12:55 PM »
Thanks for the hospitality Cousin and Joe...  Had a great time...  Good company...   

It's a learning experience being Brian's net man...   This keeps up, I'm changing my name to "Net Pro"...

Good meeting everyone at the AZCA meeting  on Sat...

Next week: On to Alamo...

:thumbsup:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 06:55 PM »
so no 20- 30 mph winds eh bummer. i bagged it to watch nascar and prep for the wifes family collective bday party, fondue and artichokes and twice baked spuds. which would have benn impossible if i would have dragged my ass home at 4 with fish to clean. so i was a good boy bummer. where is everybody parking out there?  yes kick it up to 1.0 at least yer covering some ground and fish.

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 07:31 PM »
My X-brother-in-law is here from Wisconsin. He was along,, he hasn't fished in years. He said let's go again,, I'll pay for the gas. So it looks like I'll be headed back to SC maybe Friday.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline jdmej1

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54 PM »
We were also there and even tho bite was very slow, between my dad, uncle, and i we had great success and missed many. We fished closed to the cliffs about sw from the dirt boat launch (soda canyon) just drifting minnows.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal