Author Topic: Heading to Talkalai for the First Time  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Tacoma Guy

Heading to Talkalai for the First Time
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Hey all, planning on heading up to Talkalai for the first time Fri. AM and fishing from shore all day.  I know it has restrictions for boat motor use, and my Dad wasn't real keen on taking his newer Ranger back there on what we hear is a nasty road.  My 4WD Tacoma should have no problems.  Looking forward to finally checking this lake out.  Been wanting to for a long time.  Hopefully I'll have some luck before the weekend storm.

Piscolli

Re: Heading to Talkalai for the First Time
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Please report when you get back. Thanks and have fun.

Offline Tacoma Guy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:51 PM »
OK Bill I will.  Hopefully the crazy stuff that has gone on around that lake has died down.  Not sure what to expect from the foggy directions to get back in there, etc.  Either way we are gonna give it a go.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:36 PM »
I've always wanted to fish that lake. 

Offline Tacoma Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36 PM »
So fished with my 2 boys ages 4 and 6 today.  Fished from shoreline at various points around the lake.  We used minnows with bobbers.  No crappie were caught unfortunately.  However, we caught 28 bass in about 5 hrs.  The largest was only 2.5 lbs. and most were 1-1.5 lbs.  A lot of fun for my 2 boys though.  Talked with one guy on a boat that had been shut out for slabs as well.  It must be a little early for them.  But the bass were aggressive and a lot of fun. 

If you've never been, a couple things that surprised me was how narrow the boat launch is and how hard it was to find the lake itself.  Weather was beautiful and we had a great time.  Next time hopefully I can have a better crappie report.  Interested to see how others fared at San Carlos today with the bite.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal