Author Topic: Water level at county line  (Read 5766 times)

Offline jcgardner

Water level at county line
« on: March 15, 2012, 10:10 AM »
Hello everyone.  We are new to this site but not new to fishing San Carlos.  I am just wondering if anyone can tell me how deep the water is at County Line, I keep getting very different answers from the few people here locally that have gone down.  One told me it was 11 to 14 feet and then someone else told me you couldn't take anything more than a light weight aluminum up in there.  We are planning to go down for spring break but not sure if we'll be able to bring the boat in to county line.  We drove down and looked at the camping and it looks good. 

Thanks for the info.
Charise

Offline heynow

Re: Water level at county line
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11 PM »
I don't know what you mean by county line there is three of them when the lake is full I think. Was up there on Tuesday and they were launching pontoon boats 25' long. And just to let you know how we did it was only 1. Got there right when the bite turned off just our luck.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Where is the launch that you are talking about that they are putting in Pontoons 25' long. I'm thinking of trying to fish SC next weekend and have a 22" Pontoon, wasn't sure that I would be able to with the low water conditions. Is a 4 WD necessary? Appreciate any feedback I can get.
"The fishing is always better on the other side of the lake!"

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:38 AM »
everythings is good for launch. nice hardpack dirt.

Offline toon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:19 AM »
if you don" have 4 wheel, try boosting the vehicle with the boat motor,   if u get stuck, do not dig in just stop and get your tow rope ready for someone to give u a little assist.

I've been putting in a pontoon in and out with one wheel drive van. just stay on north side of dirt ramp.

by the way fishing was slow this last week 4 days 40 fish.

toon

Offline heynow

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:56 AM »
This is all happening at Soda Canyon. Follow the dirt trail from the concrete ramp. It will be on the left hand side.

Offline jcgardner

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:01 AM »
County Line is the campground on the south side of the lake east of catfish bay.  Launching from Soda canyon should be pretty easy there is a nice hard packed dirt area where people are launching with 2 wheel drive vehicles.  I was just curious what the water levels are at the beginning of the lake where the gila river is coming in.  I was not sure how deep the water level is at the beginning of the lake.  Guess i should have worded this differently.  We will be waiting until after this storm goes through before we head down, supposed to be pretty nasty this weekend. 

Offline freshwater

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35 PM »
I launched 20' pontoon  on the 16th and no problems, just lining up loading with cross wind. We did have 4-WD

Offline Hoosier Daddy

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Thanks guys for the feed back on the launch conditions!
"The fishing is always better on the other side of the lake!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal