Author Topic: San Caarlos on 3/16/12  (Read 4325 times)

Offline JigNPig

San Caarlos on 3/16/12
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:39 AM »
Started at 0700 and fished upper end of lake. Caught 5 quick ones on minnows and then nothing for an hour. Was using minnows and gold hook. then caught 12 more in next hour. Decided to do some searching and started throwing 1/16 oz and 1/8 oz jigs with BBC grubs. No Minnows. Caught the rest of a 50 fish limit by 1400. Son from Minnesota and I had a great afternnon. Beautiful San Carlos Weather. Calm before the storm. Caught 7 that were just under 3 pounds (on a new scale) and the rest were from 3/4 to 2 1/4 pounds. Most were deep black color and in the process of spawning in tree tops. Just need to search.  Staying by the flotilla doesn't always produce like we think. Break away and take a chance. We did and it was very productive.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: San Caarlos on 3/16/12
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:11 AM »
WOW!! a report from someone casting instead of trolling :headbang: :dance: jet black crappie is spawning crappie, I agree look for them this time of year to be up with "love on their mind"
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline freshwater

Re: San Caarlos on 3/16/12
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 02:42 PM »
We trolled with the foltilla. Caught 6 got there late and left early Saw the guy and gal with the mesh net full of crappies and talked to a couple others that had a dozen or 20. Gonna be a few days before we can go again. We caught ours on acidrain w/minnow. the mesh netters said a white w/red head & minnow away from boat

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal