Author Topic: Making your own Jig Rigs  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Hoosier Daddy

Making your own Jig Rigs
« on: March 21, 2012, 03:54 PM »
 :sign0144:

Hey all! I would like to make up some jig rigs and am looking for help and suggestions. Besides a typical dropshot rig how would I tie up some double Kalin jig rigs? Jig weights, spacing, leader lengths, etc. I have some of the Lindy Flicker rigs to use for Minnows that have 1 oz Egg sinkers, and 2 Aberdeen hooks on them my brother left here from Indiana a couple years ago, anyone used those here before?

I will be tying the rigs up to Power Pro 20# Braid mainline.

Thanks in advance!     :thumbsup:
"The fishing is always better on the other side of the lake!"

Piscolli

Re: Making your own Jig Rigs
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:22 PM »
I make 5' rig out of 10 fluro with 2 1/16 oz jigheads about 40" apart and a swivel on top. I keep them on a Lindy Rig holder (actually have 3) for easy access. On the 20lb Power Pro I put a 1/16 bullet weight then tie on a snap. This way I can change our rigs quickly.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:58 PM »
Bill do you ever see the need to have any 1/8 oz rigs set up or do you stay exclusively with 1/16 oz? How much leader between where you snap onto the mainline and the top jig do you run? Lastly I'm assuming the 2nd jig is at the very bottom then!

Do you stay with a 1/16 oz bullet all the time, if so how do you adjust for depth when trolling?

Thanks Piscolli
"The fishing is always better on the other side of the lake!"

Offline sandman

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:36 PM »
I do mine a little different. I use 6-8# fluoro. Swivel at the top, 18" or so to a snap swivel tied on dropshot style (palomar with the tag end going back down through the eye) and then another 18" to another snap swivel. Also use the Lindy rigger to keep several rigs ready. I use the snap swivels so I can swap jigs quicker and use just a hook and minnow if I need to.

If I need it to run deeper, I add a splitshot to the main line above the swivel or use a heavier jighead on the bottom snap swivel.

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:05 PM »
My motto is fish shallow or go home, I pretty much never change weights unless they are super deep. At times I will run a 1/8 oz roadrunner Head on the bottom. Top jig is may 20" from the swivel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal