Author Topic: Crappie Time TV  (Read 5384 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Crappie Time TV
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Anybody happen to catch the new TV show called Crappie Time?

New TV show out there called Crappie Time - hosted by Ronnie Capps, who is a tournament Crappie fisherman and Crappie guru.  Finally there is a show about Crappie fishing.  First show was last Thursday and had a few good tips & info.  DVR'ed it and just watched it.  It was ok for the first show but could use a little refinement - but what the heck do I know!  Hope the series continues & he is able to show more how-to stuff along with tips & techniques.

The show is on NBC Sports Network (used to be Versus) on Cox 1069 for HD or 69 regular TV.  The channel guide had it listed as "Big Bass Battle" but the show description mentions Ronnie Capps & the Crappie show.  His website says Direct TV channel 603 & Dish channel 151.

Checked my Cox channel guide for both "Crappie Time" & "Big Bass Battle" and I am not sure when the first show will be replayed or when the next show is scheduled for.  Maybe next Thursday?  Keep a lookout for it & check it out....

LLL

Offline Razor

Re: Crappie Time TV
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Crappie Masters TV  March 27 at 4:30 PM; channel 608 on Direct TV

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:03 PM »
cool thanks, will ck the nbc sports channel guide daily to see when it is on again on cox

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Crappie Masters TV  March 27 at 4:30 PM; channel 608 on Direct TV

Thanks for that info - don't have Direct TV so didn't know about that show.  I'm interested to see & hear what Ronnie Capps does with his new show.

Offline silver48

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I have noticed that a few of the other shows have recently been showing crappie fishing (Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, etc...).  Different techniques than here out west.  The new issue of Outdpoor Life also notes how to set up Spider Rigging for crappie (along with the editor stating that taxes need to be increased to pay for more Bunny Cops and other environmental study programs!)(Scurvy Bastage  :bootyshake:!)(Sorry, that's the 4 beers i just finished speaking.)  Anyways, it's that time of year, and the whether is great crappie fever is hitting.     

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 10:11 AM »
If anybody finds Crappie Time TV on Cox please post it.
Thanks
Timbo

AZ-Mn.ANGLER

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:11 AM »
It's obvious the commercial guys are promoting crappie fishing.  Today, crappie fishing is what bass fishing was 30 years ago.  A chance to sell a whole lot more tackle and equipment.  Take a look at the latest Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops catalogs.  They used to have a very limited selection of crappie rods, reels, rigs, rod holders,etc..  Now they have pages of that stuff.
I'm not complaining, as I'm glad to see crappie fishing get it's just due and I like the equipment being offered.  I expect we'll see an emphasis on bigger tournements around the country.  Let's keep ours the way it is.
AZ-Mn.ANGLER

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal