Author Topic: Looking for a Deep V Aluminum Boat  (Read 4036 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Looking for a Deep V Aluminum Boat
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Something like a Targa, Lowe, Crestliner, etc. I'd Like a 16' with a swing away tongue so I can keep it in the garage. If anyone knows of anybody selling one in the 3500-5000 range please let me know. I saw one today but called too late and it was sold already. I know sometimes people might know someone looking to sell that don't necessarily use craigslist.
Thanks

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Looking for a Deep V Aluminum Boat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:46 PM »
I can go higher, like the 8000 range for the right boat. Let me know n0smap@yahoo.com

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Good choice and you should be able to find a nice one in that range. As you learned, you have to be quick.

Check the Tucson craigslist too. That's where we bought our Whaler. Sometimes those guys price them a little lower.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:51 PM »
AZfisherdude - I'm looking to upgrade mine in the next year.  I have a 16' Lund deep V with 40hp Evinrude.  Runs like a champ.  It is 1984 so realize it might be a little older than you were hoping for.  New floor, bimini/canopy.  Also have iPilot 55lb thrust and 2 new depth finders (one is hummingbird side scan and another is Lowrance).  I forgot to put in the plug the other day and it definitely holds water.

If you're going to the spring crappie fest, I'm the guy you'll be giving your derby entry form to and you can see it then.  Problem is I probably won't be ready to sell it for at least 6 months to a year.  I might be interested to hear from you what you think it's worth.  That old motor works great and has never failed me... but it's the biggest concern of buying a boat with a motor that old.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Thanks Sandman, I  have been watching the Tucson one as well. Yeah, I have a 14' lund and it is great. I just want a little more room and all that but want to keep it in the garage.

mrokusek - Your boat sounds great man. Doesn't matter to me so much the age of the boat as long as it has the features I am looking for, works well, and is priced appropriately. Like I said, I will be just as happy with a 4000 dollar boat as a 8000 dollar boat if it is what I want. I won't be at the Crappie fest unfortunately but if I don't find a boat by the time you are ready to sell then I'd love to have a look :) It sounds great and I do like the Lunds!

I am watching craigslist but you never know when someone knows someone looking to sell and hasn't got around to listing it so if you guys know of anything give me a shout please.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal