Author Topic: Maps of lakes?  (Read 6418 times)

Offline longroofracer

Maps of lakes?
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Hello guys. Stumbled across this site and it has a bunch of good reading. I have fished a little here and there over the years, mostly north of Phoenix, in between the work and other hobbies. I recently got a small boat and trolling motor, so fishing will be getting a little more of my day and a half off a week.

I haven't been to Pleasant or Bartlett for some 20 years, and I don't know any of the spots you folks are referring to in your posts... Is there some sort of a map available with the general locations of these places on individual lakes, or is it one of those deals you need to just wander around until you figure it out yourself? I have seen Humbug and Jackass mentioned for Pleasant, but have no idea where they are on the lake. Pleasant is the closest to me and probably the easiest place to squeeze in some seat time.
Thanks.
Tom

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Maps of lakes?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:54 PM »
You can look for maps online if you want to get an idea but a decent map you will probably have to buy.
You can pick them up at Bass Pro, Cabelas, Liars Korner, and I would assume just about any other decent tackle shop. The Hook Up is located on Pleasant I believe. Wide World of Maps has them too.

Offline longroofracer

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Thanks... it took me a while but I found the right keywords and found several on google.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 02:10 AM »
I've been looking to add maps to the site just to make some things a little easier when explaining lakes to people who aren't familiar. I just need to find some recent PDFs of each lake we tend to crappie fish as. Those sites you found the maps, were they in PDF form? Maybe I can just get them and add them here.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 04:49 AM »
Here is Bartlett Lake....

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 04:51 AM »
And Saguaro...

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:55 AM »
Found PDF's of Apache, Canyon & Roosevelt but the file size is too large and won't let me download/upload them.  They are in the 1.16 MB range.  San Carlos & Alamo Lakes might be a little more difficult to find.

LLL
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:03 AM by cousinlll »

Piscolli

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Tom, crappie dude is right. PDF maps are good for general stuff but a detailed map has to be purchased. I work at Bass Pro and we carry the Fish N Maps brand. They are probably the best and easiest to find at retailers.

As far as Crappie fishing (for your area anyway), I would stick to Bartlett. The fishing is much, much better and the lake is smaller. Plus it is set in more of a canyon than Plez and wind is no where near as bad. You can launch your boat from the Yellow Cliffs area and troll to some good Crappie spots in 15 to 30 minutes.

Good luck brother.

Offline longroofracer

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Thanks guys, those maps will help me at least identify locations you are talking about. Next time I am at that end of town, a trip to Bass Pro Shops is in order.

Thanks again

Offline azslabber

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Wide World of Maps,get them there and they can laminate them for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal