Author Topic: Rocky point  (Read 7046 times)

wadefisherman

Rocky point
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:46 AM »
Went to Rocky Point for a week of chilling out with the wife, daughter and grand baby. No chillin to be had, very hot and humid down there. Did take a panga out for a day trip, caught plenty of calico (rock) bass. Most on the small side. Felt good on the water, the highlight of the trip was I saw a bunch of bait fish beside the boat moving pretty erratically and noticed a small marlin chasing them around. He swung by three times before disappearing into the depths. He was all charged up and displaying his colors, I'm pretty sure it was a striped marlin 30-40 lbs. Brought back 25lbs of jumbo shrimp for $7 per, as well as some scallops, clams, grouper and flounder. Freezer is full after I vacuum packed it all. Will never do a summer trip down there again, no ac in the restaurants in old town, only go out when the sun heads down.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Rocky point
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip even with da heat.  Never been down there so thanks for the report.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:19 PM »
25lbs of fresh jumbo shrimp would be worth the trip for me.

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:49 PM »
The guy I hired said the best fishing is in nov-dec. dem shrimp r pretty big, grilled a few last night. Sweet tasting, plump and muy juicy. Better b carefully, I might b getting our prez aroused :)

Offline Halibut Warrior

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09 AM »
Nice going man, would be cool to check that out someday. Don't know when though, I think I'm doing the triangle this year. Wife wants to hit Hawaii for our 30th in Nov. Gettin ready for my pilgrimage to Ak now and be back Aug 17th. Times a flyin'...will stay in touch.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal