Author Topic: Cousin Larry's Lake Mary Extravaganza  (Read 4983 times)

Piscolli

Cousin Larry's Lake Mary Extravaganza
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:25 AM »
Our annual trip to Lake Mary is next weekend. 3 days of cool temps while chasing Crappie, walleye and pike. There will be a short member only meeting on Saturday before dinner (fish fry).

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: Cousin Larry's Lake Mary Extravaganza
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Gents,

Don't forget that minnows are not allowed in Lake Mary at all.  Check this page under the Angling heading.  Found out the hard way when I had 6 doz minnows and had to dump them on the bank after reading the sign when you pay your fees.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/fish_walleye.shtml
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:42 AM by IAMMAC »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Thanks for the Heads-up Mac!!  Think most of us knew about that but always good to make sure.  Got to keep da peeps out of trouble....

LLL

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:40 AM »
back in the day, I used to cut 2 of the hooks off the Trebles of the lures I was working with. This made it much easier to deal with the pike. I could have easily just changed out the hooks but after stabbing myself a couple of times it was much easier to just cut.  Anchovies work great. Top water was a blast.  The damn side should have better Crappie chances. The damn to middle was always best for walley and narrows is where we killed the pike. Leave my elk alone and no fires.  Be safe.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:18 AM »
No worries Larry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal