Author Topic: San Carlos  (Read 118176 times)

Offline Tombstone King

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: San Carlos
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17 AM »
just called the res they say san carlos is closed indefinitely still with no plans. she mentioned that talkalai has been slow for crappies lately. looks like theres water though from the usgs service.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 04:50 PM »
they were releasing more water out of carlos than was going in now it is slightly the other way with a little bit more going in than is being drained out

pray for rain and snow on the east side?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Happened to be in the area and snapped a few pics.  If they are in order, the first pic is from the end of the west ramp.  The remaining pics are from above, starting at the end of the ramp and panning south and east.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15 AM »
Very cool pics Philbie, Thx!  It appears to me from the above pics that the lake has more water in it now as compaired to when we were shore launching earlier this spring.  If I remember correctly, we were launching in the area of the last two pics.

LLL

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 06:33 AM »
i heard there was work being done at the damn, like to try and fix it. lake pics do show more water than expected. heey dude was it closed. larry when are we gunna hit talkalai? if u want to drag the tinny in there ill captain the boat for ya. but i got no 4 wheel with the jjep.we can get four folks in the crestliner or if ud let me sneak in your mountain boat ill leave the rats in the car. sat or sun?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 06:54 AM »
they are already releasing water from carlos for down stream spring irrigation 118cfs there is water coming into the lake but not much more than is being pulled out, you should see how well the gila river flows up above safford and with all the irrigation diversion dams up that way by the time the water is down to bylas right at the reservation the flows are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down. With the lake so low right now in those pictures the irrigation people will pull it back down to the minimum pool early in the summer.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 09:35 AM »
I just noticed that on their web site the lake is now open as of 02/08/13 It says call for details and list a number. I am stuck at work so could some body call and get the low down?  :blob1:

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 10:13 AM »
I was wondering if and when someone was going to drive up and take some pics. Thanks for the info. Still looks way down to me. Can't believe the amount of growth at the end of Soda, and where we were shore launching.
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal