Author Topic: BHCC 2012  (Read 10379 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
BHCC 2012
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:06 PM »
Very tough bite for all that fished the event as evident by the weigh in.  We made it to the registration about 0645 and then headed to Windy Hill Bobcat ramp to launch.  We went directly to the back of Salome Cove, set up our rods and started bottom bouncing minnows in about 20 FOW.  We caught two fish really quick (by 0745) and though it was going to be a great day.  Needless to say we were wrong! We left Salome about 1030 after searching the whole cove for fish ong the SI.  We had a very hard time figuring out if what we were seeing were Gizzard Shad or Crappie.  But before we left Salome Cove I decided to refresh the water in our minnow bucket and when I went to do so the lid came off and I released about 3-4 dozen of our minnows.  I have done this probably about 1000 times before and the lid has never came off.  We went straight to the Marina to see if they had any minnows......nope, the place was locked down!  Good thing this did not come into play for the tournament.  I know I won't live it down for quite some time!  We then went to the west side of the lake and searched for schooling fish.  None were to be found in any of the usual spots so we went to the east side of Windy Hill and looked there.  Once again we found fish but were unsure of what they were.  We caught our third and final Crappie out in 40 FOW suspended at 16'.  After we fished that area for another hour with no luck we went back to Salome Cove and tried to duplicate what we had done earlier in the morning.  Needless to say we didn't get another Crappie so we called it quits at 1400 and proceded to the weigh in.

So we spider rigged/bottom bounced with minnows all day.  This is usually a great technique when the fishing is tough and fish are hard to come by.   Thanks to the AZCA for putting on this event, we had a good time and look forward to the events to come.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:19 PM by IAMMAC »

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: BHC 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Gotta defend the cup right?
Note to self...  Keep Mack from dunking the minnow bucket at all costs.  We literally ran out of bait before it was over.  LOL

Totally different if the fish WERE BITING!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: BHCC 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Thanks Mac for posting your report! 

Like you guys saw after the weigh in, us losers  :crybaby2: :greengrin: get to hear from the winning teams how their fish were caught.  We appreciated you guys telling us your story from the day.

If you wouldn't mind, would you please explain a bit more about your bottom bouncing technique?

LLL

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Thanks for the report Mac. Bob you'll have to come and fish again sometime. Sure is getting tough for us East side guys. Rosey sucks, SC is hurt, maybe Bartlett will be ok.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Here was our excitement..........

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac317/cousinlll/?action=view&current=12C723A8-6CD4-4E00-A8C4-63497F5486B5-500-000000C79935A244.mp4"

Although a couple Crappie would of been a whole lot better   :dance:

LLL
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:56 PM by cousinlll »

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Offline sandman

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Saw that  couple of times at Pleasant. Two guys came in, one had to abort the landing and try again. They motored over to and right up the ramp beside Dillons, parked and went over and had lunch. Pretty cool.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:02 AM »
that's guts to land a plane on pleasant with all the lake lice and race boats on that lake, amazing they were able to pull in and tie up near Dillon's :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 07:59 AM »
The crow's would have loved to make it.  First off, let me say congratulations to you Mac. After about 4 years of trying to team up, either I can't make it or your stiching the the troops up, you finally get up there.  Hope the turn out was well.   Did Piscolli make it? How is his diet going. :bootyshake:

What about the boyz? tweeder and Wheatbread?   Maybe we can do a fall camping for some quail, rabbit, ducks, deer or all the above. Lets roll that around

Piscolli

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Thanks to Cousin Larry and Hawk I made it. I heard you recently had surgery. How are you holding up?

Oh and I may be fat but at least I don't rout for the Traiders!  :bootyshake:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal