Author Topic: Minnows  (Read 143627 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Minnows
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 07:26 AM »
Good luck on the night fishing.  That's the way I think to catch them at Roosevelt.  Stay warm!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 08:18 AM »
OK, I tried D&R for the first time.  Ordered 5 dozen and said it twice on the phone and got there and was only 10doz containers.  Will he fix it?  I called him and good customer service - he said his mistake, he left where he was at, drove to his house, and made a 5 dozen bag.  I like that you can order and pickup off hours. 

Only problem was when I got home and looked at the count, it really was 3 dozen :-(.  My dad and Butcher's bait and tackle confirmed the count.  Stopped at Butcher's bait place on Tonto side and got 2 dozen more.  Price was $2/doz with 5 doz minimum.  I will try him again as the convenience is nice.

After fishing, got home and tossed 2 dozen unused minnows in backyard :-(

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 08:36 AM »
Minnows will keep for weeks, some clean (no chemicals) and cool water.

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 10:23 AM »
I a headed out today later. I ordered 5 dozen. I will report my findings.
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14 PM »
OK D&R Baits now has strike 2 and possibly 3.  Ordered minnows and conversation is very short and simple - not difficult to follow.  Go to pick up minnows and nothing there but a couple of $20s.  So either he forgot mine or someone else took mine.  I called him - no answer - left message and hasn't returned yet.  Hassle working with the guy - others have had good luck so my case may be outlier.  Gonna have to race up to hit Kilmer's before they close at 9pm.

Piscolli

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I always had great luck with D&R until I called him in March and asked for rosey reds. He said no problem but the next morning, regular minnows were left.

Offline 59wizard

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 10:01 AM »
Just picked up 10dz from Ron this am, $2 per dz... ran into Sandman doing the same but almost drove away with his minnows!! Timing is everything.
Ed

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Hmmm, D&R baits phone not working.  Tried text and now called....

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 03:13 PM »
Frank at the Tackle Box in Tonto Basin had about 80 dozen minnows when I picked mine up yesterday afternoon........Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Jakes corner store has minnows and are pretty reasonable, last time Louis bought some and they were good size. I am not sure what time they open in the morning, but easy stop if coming in from state route 87
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal