Author Topic: Election day  (Read 3437 times)

wadefisherman

Election day
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:36 AM »
I voted for...crappie fishing on Bartlett  :bootyshake: Fished with Willie, 1st time in a while we were able to get together. Had a great day fishing together, he schooled me again that SOB...lol, We kept 16 slabs. Most fish were pulled out of the bottom in Cat bay. We started up lake and tried a few spots but only managed 3 fish. Got to Cat bay around 1030 and instantly Willie had a nice double, then his other pole went off, then my pole went off. It was another beautiful day but we were fighting a steady breeze in the am. Around 11:30 a guy in a bass boat showed up and he said he had about 70 fish fishing over the tops of trees with a minnow bobber combo, 6-10' below the surface. Don't know how true in was but he seemed pretty sincere. We were fishing right off the bottom drop shot style. Also caught about a 1/2 dz bass and cats as well. Overall another great day on the water.

Offline TRITOON

Re: Election day
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Nice job Brian, glad you two were able to get out together. We were there Monday and got skunked so obviously we were not using the right technique and probably in the wrong spot. But any day on the water is still very rewarding. Thanks for sharing.
GOD BLESS

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 02:02 PM »
Brian it is about time for more fillets.  keep filling that freezer. None for Piscolli and his Chowder.  :headbang:

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Strong work brother! Glad the tips hepled!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Nice job!  Amazed the variance of fishing reports from Bartlett and so many different styles too.  I'm sure everything will change after this weekend's front moves through.  I need to get out there.

wadefisherman

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Gotta give credit to Bob and Mac, they helped put our strategy in place. The slabs bellies were full of that green goo Bob mentioned. 5 or 6 of those fish were close to 2 lbs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal