Author Topic: 20 Nov  (Read 3652 times)

wadefisherman

20 Nov
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Finally had a decent day on the water. Put 31 in the ice chest. Mac schooled me again 2 to 1. The key was to be on the water early, we had 20 fish by 0900. We got to the lake at about 0630, fishing just above the trees. Called it a day at 1330. I'm starting to think fishing with braided line as the main line may be spooking the fish just enough to make a difference. We also caught about 6 bass and the same amount of gills. Gorgeous day to be on the water.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: 20 Nov
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Thanks for the invite Brian, it's always a blast fishing with you. Glad I could show you a trick or two.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Planning on going out tomorrow but didn't plan accordingly. I have no minnows so now stuck with 8am start when Bartlett store opens.  Liars Corner seems like only other option with 6am open time but not sure it gets me to the lake much earlier.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Grab Some Bench!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:53 PM »
I'm starting to think fishing with braided line as the main line may be spooking the fish just enough to make a difference

Man, I stink at this Crappie gig!  :greengrin:  On da lake at 0830 arriving at da promise grounds shortly thereafter.  Had high hopes that my spider rigging would entice the Crappie out of the trees.  After a few very frustrating hours finally "you can put it on the board.....YES!" caught the one & only Crappie for the day.  Slow trolled around the same structure as Saturday, minus the bumper boats & buoy jumpers.  :greengrin:

The frustrating part was that I was fishing the same way Brian & Mac was, at least I think I was... :dontknow:  Both Brian & Mac were gracious enough to give us tips & suggestions.  Guess just one of those days for me, although getting time on the water being the most important learning tool.

Brian's comment above is very interesting to me as my main line is also braid, Suffix 832.  In fact, last night I made up some additional rigs - using braid.  My thought was the braid would help save the gear when it get's snagged in the trees.  That did help save the gear but in the long run, as Brian mentioned, guess it was also spooking fish.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Planning on going out tomorrow but didn't plan accordingly. I have no minnows so now stuck with 8am start when Bartlett store opens.  Liars Corner seems like only other option with 6am open time but not sure it gets me to the lake much earlier.

Matt, stop at Liars Corner!  Or even Props Plus like you did before.  Trust me, it'll be worth the extra stop!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58 AM »
Sweet Brian and Mac, good half day for sure. Champ, I still think it's all about the depth, and maybe fine tuning the rig. We were dragging braid through those trees a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't seem to bother the fish.  I totally agree that pressure put on those fish shuts them down, so the earlier the better.
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal