Author Topic: Derbies  (Read 4345 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Derbies
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:46 AM »
Fellow Crappie Anglers,

I know that everyone likes to fun fish for Crappie but what if you could make money from it also?  Is there ever going to be a day that we can really put AZ Crappie fishing on the map and start a tournament series?  Maybe the first year have them every quarter, the next year every other month and then monthly?  When we first started the AZCA I know this was a though and I am just wondering if we are a big enough now to take another look at making this a possibility?  I will be able to help as much as I can until I head back to the desert in Feb.

Offline sandman

Re: Derbies
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:12 AM »
Greg, I think that in order to make money at this sort of thing that you have to actually CATCH some crappie in the tournament. That rules me out :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46 AM »
I used to do bass tourneys some, I just like to fish because it is fun, for me I have lived with competition all my life from 6yrs of age till the day I retired from fire, if the $$ crappie tourneys are an idea great but for me I don't want to change something I enjoy doing just because it in itself is a personal challenge and I relax doing it (except when Piscolli out fishes me :angry4:)turn it into "pressure to compete" if the club wants to do it I am fine with that but would not participate, the two events we have now are so low key and more of a social gathering (which I like).
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 09:30 AM »
I don't see it for the AZCA but if someone were to start a tourney series I may precipitate occasionally.  But i really prefer to keep money out oc my 2 true passions, Crappie fishing and 49er football.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:37 AM »
JOEEEEE MONTANAAAAAA
SEA.....HAWKS....

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal