Author Topic: Slab Leak  (Read 13602 times)

Offline toon

Re: Slab Leak
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 05:57 PM »
You might want to check your drywall and carpet and tile,  just a thought . a buddy of mine had that happen and he said the contractors had that leak pin pointed at a 2 to 4 ft sqare area. but the slab should be covered for that area will be damaged. and in need of repair.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Dave:

When it happened to me, the plumber did all of the demolition , locating and floor slab replacement.  He included the replacement of the flooring too.  When he itemized the bill, he just separated out the actual cost of the repairing the pipe.....like $100.  the total bill was $750.  Insurance covered all but the $100 to fix the pipe.   The plumbing contractor should be savvy enough to make it work out for both you and him.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 07:53 AM »
savvy indeed to commit fraud, not kosher. insurance is for damages not for repair and upkeep thats not unreasonalbe. thats why you need to find all real damage. mold issues in the drywall. a slab damaged or weakened, new moldings floor covering. chek it all and if at all discoloerd or changed in anyway at all its damage and has to be replaced. im not sure but ive heard that copper is not proper for pipes. indeed you might get the insurance co to repipe if they think the continued leaks from the copper will continue to run claims. a savvy plumber can tell you and estimate future issues.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 03:07 PM »
savvy indeed to commit fraud, not kosher. insurance is for damages not for repair and upkeep thats not unreasonalbe. thats why you need to find all real damage. mold issues in the drywall. a slab damaged or weakened, new moldings floor covering. chek it all and if at all discoloerd or changed in anyway at all its damage and has to be replaced. im not sure but ive heard that copper is not proper for pipes. indeed you might get the insurance co to repipe if they think the continued leaks from the copper will continue to run claims. a savvy plumber can tell you and estimate future issues.

The cheapest part of the whole thing is fixing the pipe.  The actual labor and material to sweat soft rolled copper together would be 1/2 hour labor and $8.00 in 3/4 inch dia copper.  THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAYS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE.  Which part of that situation is fraud or not Kosher? 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57 AM »
most insurance companies don't cover mold removal anymore?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37 AM »
Champ, you have an update for us? 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 07:23 AM »
Sorry, computer got a virus on top of everything else. I got all of the supplies and tools I needed to do the repair, and started yesterday morning. As soon as we got the furnature moved out the carpet, pad, and tackstrip is soaked where my son's bed was. About 2 feet from where the plumber said the leak would be. So back to the insurance company now since there is actual damage inside of my house. Bought an infared gun, and started shooting the run that they mapped out and found another hot spot in the bathroom adjacent to my son's room. More to follow this week.......
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39 AM »
wow, long week ahead, make sure you take lots of pictures as you pull up carpet, padding etc. so you can show the insurance company, they can play dumb sometimes real bad.

good luck with the nightmare
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Holy Crap Dave!!  Long week ahead for sure....

Sorry you are dealing with this & hope you're able to at least get some of the expenses covered. 

If ya need help, give me a call.  I'm kinda swamped with a backyard project myself plus trying to empty my moms place.  If you do need help, give me a heads up & I'll make it happen though!  BE CAREFUL OF YOUR BACK

With all that you're dealing with, I'm thinking you deserve a Saturday off to fish next weekend to rest your mind & body.  We'll meet the rest of da fellas at Bartlett & spell out MenRats name with marker buoys......... :greengrin:  Just kidding Tom!

Oh, and by da way Champ - GO BEARS!!

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 10:50 AM »
What a hell of a deal Dave. If you get in a spot were going to need a couple of exta hands let me know

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal