Author Topic: BIG THANKS out to Jeff @ Kachina Repair  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
BIG THANKS out to Jeff @ Kachina Repair
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:25 PM »
I'm having troubles with the trim/tilt on my boat. Called some marine shops in town and told them my problem. Well they told me $$$$ yes four digets. So I thought I would call someone else. I called Kachina and Jeff answered the phone. I told him my problem with out telling him who I am, and he told me that he thinks I was looking at the wrong part to be broke. Story short I checked what he told me and he apears wright. It looks to be a $25 relay. Thanks Jeff and Kachina.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
Re: BIG THANKS out to Jeff @ Kachina Repair
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Does that mean you have like $950 to buy beer for the next meeting???    :dance:

Congrats, my man...    :headbang:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:12 AM »
that's great Billy, my 90hp mercury had a relay go out but it went nuts brought the outboard up all the way and the trim motor would not shut off, relay stuck on,had to scramble like heck to disconnect the battery terminal. Buddy was in the area towed me back to launch ramp, Brent at Performance found the problem and had it fixed in 20 mins (on the mercury there are two relays) replace both of them while your working on it Billy
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:23 PM »
You know that's MY mechanic, and oh yea, a member of Team Chamberlin..Glad he could help ....I've had that very same problem a couple of times.......Art

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 04:33 PM »
I fought with my boat running like crap for 2 years. Jeff said it sounded like an ignition problem or a bad ground. No one else I talked to saw it that way so I spent lots of time and heartache messing with stuff.

Well, Jeff was right. New mallory e coil and found the lose ground. She's running fine now.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:07 PM »
thx for changing your pic fearless. now that i see what your folks dressed you in when u were little things make a lot more sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal