Author Topic: Shamless plug on great rods!  (Read 10913 times)

Bob M

Shamless plug on great rods!
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:24 PM »
I have no affiliation other than being one of his brand new customers sooo.....

While trying to further improve on our catch rates I have been looking for longer rods with some backbone without being very heavy and too stiff at the tips.  I've even looked for blanks that I can wrap myself.  I saved a web site years back that made something interesting but the link saved was dead a few months ago so I wrote it off until I recently found his facebook page by mistake.  I connected up with Ed this past Sunday via email and spoke to him the same day about the rods.  I ordered them on Sunday, got shipping confirmation on Monday morning and both rods arrived today in perfect shape.  Great service!

The rods are just exactly what I've been looking for and a very good bargain for the price with nearly perfect quality.  $107.90 including priority shipping for 2 16' carbon/graphite rods is cheap guys.  The rods are nice a stiff with good backbone yet have a fast taper tip. 

I tried to order B&M's through several sources each time being told they didn't know when they could get them.

go to http://southerncrappierods.com/index.html and check them out, Ed Duke is the owner and a sharp guy to do business with.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: Shamless plug on great rods!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:48 PM »
I'm glad you like them and they sound great and I look forward to seeing them. I love my Bn'M 14' Capps & Coleman Spider Rigging rods, kind of the same way you discribed yours. I called Bn'M on a Monday morning and ordered four of them and fished them in the Hirsch Classic on that Saturday..........Art

wadefisherman

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing Bob, I thought 12' footer were a challenge at times. How do you manage them 16 footers. Looks like a great site for all things crappie.  :sign0098:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 06:25 AM »
16', that will make for some fun. just transporting and storing may be challenging. please keep us updated on the rods performance. I'm currently using 12" rods and wonder about use longer ones.

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:29 AM »
I like the idea of a longer pole keeping the line away from the trolling motor. I may graduate to 14 footers.

Offline InTheBrook

• Lake Fishing Techniques and Tips
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 01:58 PM »
I like a 14' myself. I checked out the prices and they seem pretty competitive!

wadefisherman

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 08:30 AM »
Just picked up 2 14'ers, look pretty nice. Ed said he would give a 10% discount if the club put in an order for 8 or more rods.

wadefisherman

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Tested the 14's out this weekend. Very happy with the feel and sensitivity. I definitely would recommend these poles. Thanks for sharing Bob. 😃

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 08:25 PM »
What size weights are have you been using with these rods?  Fishing with Brian yesterday I had the chance to see them in action & try them out.  He was using 3/4 oz & i am wondering if you are or have used heavier weights with your rigs?

And yes, it's s secret....    :lol_hitting:  Brian was big man on campus with one 6"-8" Crappie early with a minnow.

LLL
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:40 PM by cousinlll »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 08:43 PM »
Not sure about the 16' rods but Brian now has me thinking about giving up my 12'ers for 14'ers.  Appreciate the tips!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal