Author Topic: Fire line & power pro  (Read 5051 times)

wadefisherman

Fire line & power pro
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Went by Cabellas today and picked up some fire line and power pro for around 8 bucks for 125 yds,  high vis yellow 10 & 20 lb test. It was about 1/2 price. They still had a bunch out there in case anyone is interested.

wadefisherman

Re: Fire line & power pro
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Also the suffix fluorocarbon was 1/2 price in certain sizes.

Offline Halibut Warrior

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 11:24 PM »
I bought Power Pro Hiviz Yellow 15/4 about four years ago and use it on my two fav trolling setups. I am just getting to replace it this year. For a main line you cant beat it, it lasts fo evaaa. I just swap ends with it every season.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:28 AM »
good deal on da Sufix - wish I lived closer!

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 10:51 AM »
I like a few feet of mono on the spool to prevent spinning then I load up the braid and finish up with fluorocarbon. No line memory and great strength on the spool which like Joe said will " last 4 Evaa" I use the modified Albright knot to hold the lines together. Pull it up on utube, it won the knot wars for braid to mono. The power pro on sale was the new kind, which is coated like the fire line. I am set up for many years to come with low maintenance.

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Brian, A few wraps on black electrical tape on an empty spool before re-lining it will also prevent the braid from slipping. It gives the braid something to "bite" into. Also, before you buy new braid re-spoon your old stuff onto an extra spool. Using the back half on the line. I've got 4 years of great service out of the same 20# Power Pro.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal