Author Topic: Jarrett Edwards outdoors fishing Crappie at Powell  (Read 6714 times)

Offline TRITOON

Re: Jarrett Edwards outdoors fishing Crappie at Powell
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 03:46 PM »
It will just give you the itch so bad that you won't be able to resist heading up there.
GOD BLESS

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 07:33 AM »
bruce the show in a nutshell. is jarret in 25 ft of clear water in early may or late april vertically jigging small jigs over sticks. the water is so clear that u can see to the bottom. hes just pissing off the cited crappie until he gets a reaction bite. don't know if they were on beds or just staged in the cover close to the bottom. then he hawks some cool electric solar charging gear. his tips, since reaction bite color doesn't matter minnows don't matter so choose a color u can see cuz when it disappears its in the slabs mouth. used only 4 lb test line. the slabs weren't large but he was having a good time and he had a diver so there were cool shots of the slabs.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 07:42 PM »
love that kind of crappie fishing, lots of time with the big extension pole dipping a feather jig down into trees or near brush and watch a crappie come out and nail it, lake powell can be so much fun for crappie up in trees and brush with its clear water
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 08:38 PM »
love that kind of crappie fishing, lots of time with the big extension pole dipping a feather jig down into trees or near brush and watch a crappie come out and nail it

That's what I am talking about. To be able to see fish hit your bait and watch the fight to. Can't beat it in my mind. I believe sight fishing is my favorite. Can't wait till bass really start spawn I'm a get a hog this year and watch the whole thing  :dance:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal