Author Topic: Encouraging!  (Read 10587 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Encouraging!
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:42 AM »
It's 14 degrees here at my house as I file this report and has been the last three or four mornings! There is still hope for old Roosie as my friend, Dave Nichols, fishing alone, boated 12 crappie Saturday, 12 more on Sunday, and 17 yesterday. He sent me pictures and they were big crappie! I don't have a lot of details but they were caught on the Salt end long line trolling. Due to a busy schedule I can't get out until Friday but I have a real bad case of the "want to's"......Art

Offline sandman

Re: Encouraging!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:06 AM »
My biggest stringers of my biggest crappie have been caught when the air temps were below freezing. And between the second week of January and second week of February.

I'm just not real keen on fishing in the cold anymore...

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:21 AM »
True, but when I go Friday it's supposed to be 70 in Phoenix........Art

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Great report Art - Thank You!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 01:57 PM »
The flood gates are open.  I'm expecting a flotilla there by Saturday.  Be sure and post your reports good or bad.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:09 PM »
I'll try to keep you guys posted. Bob, next week is pretty open for me so give me a call. We can use my rig and you won't have to bring yours, just the 16's...........Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:31 AM »
interesting, it was 13 degrees yesterday at 0 dark 30 on the shore of roosevelt sitting in a duck blind :o

sounds promising just pray the GA does not show back up this spring :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:22 PM »
The flood gates are open.  I'm expecting a flotilla there by Saturday.  Be sure and post your reports good or bad.

well said

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Is that a bad thing? I thought the idea was to promote the sport. Get people out fishing. Ya know creating memories and stuff :dontknow:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Is that a bad thing? I thought the idea was to promote the sport. Get people out fishing. Ya know creating memories and stuff :dontknow:
I think it's great.  My last good fishing trip at Roosevelt was February timeframe 1 or 2 years ago I can't remember - so maybe that's just the best time of year for that lake.  Excited to get out there again soon.

I find it interesting that this guy was fishing out in that crazy cold front!  That's a die-hard.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal