Author Topic: Encouraging!  (Read 10584 times)

Piscolli

Re: Encouraging!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 02:19 AM »
We all think its great. I miss the old flotilla days. And I miss good reports from Rosey.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:51 PM »
The flood gates are open.  I'm expecting a flotilla there by Saturday.  Be sure and post your reports good or bad.
Is that a bad thing? I thought the idea was to promote the sport. Get people out fishing. Ya know creating memories and stuff :dontknow:
I think it's great.  My last good fishing trip at Roosevelt was February timeframe 1 or 2 years ago I can't remember - so maybe that's just the best time of year for that lake.  Excited to get out there again soon.

I find it interesting that this guy was fishing out in that crazy cold front!  That's a die-hard.
Yeah, I think it was late feb for me when I got into some nice slabs a couple years ago. I am itching to get back up there. You guys know what all launches are open these days?

Piscolli

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:19 PM »
I know that grapevine is out of the water

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Bobcat, badger--at windy hill

marina launch

cholla launch

and a few places to remote launch off the dirt
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 05:15 AM »
correction I guess it is ringtail instead of bobcat ramp at windy hill

basically it is straight across from badger ramp on the same road in, lot less parking at ringtail than badger
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Thanks. Hopefully I can get up there soon and see what's going on. Haven't fished it since spring I think?

Offline 2nafish

• Rather be fishing
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Did I understand right? Is Grapevine ramp is closed???   SRP website with a link to "lake Levels" identifies Grapevine ramp having 5' of water and rising.  Launching from Grapevine ramp to fish the salt end is closest.  Can anyone tell me where the head of the lake is on the salt arm? I'm guessing it's close to grapevine.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Last weekend the signs on the 188 said Grapevine was closed.  Doubt that's changed.  Windy Hill is the next one and it definitely is open (there are 2 ramps open there).  Schoolhouse, the furthest down on the Salt end is WAY out of the water.  Who knows how long it'll take that one to get back.  Good luck and be sure and post a report. Tough fishing there lately "but you never know."

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 05:25 AM »
the head of the lake is basically just northwest of school house launch there is a channel that runs up on the northeast side of the lake (the old river channel) that runs up past school house but is fairly shallow there is water above school house but real shallow and choked with trees

As far as grapevine buddy launched a flat bottom aluminum boat off the grapevine ramp (on your far left side) when you drive down the ramp and did not have to put the tow vehicle in the water but I don't think you could launch a deep vee boat of any size as that area below the ramp is a large flat. Ringtail and badger launch at windy hill are open but for some reason TNF has the dang dock out of water at ringtail and badger ramp has a small dock :dontknow: when SRP website showed a couple feet on the grapevine launch I drove down to it and it was still a dry flat out in front of the ramp :o
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:28 AM by Fishless »

Offline 2nafish

• Rather be fishing
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Great information.  Thanks for the updates.  There is nothing like eyes on observed reports.  Windy Hill is the logical place to launch from for Salt arm fishing.   For an extended outlook, the weather is looking better for warmer days, which should equal better fish catching reports.  I am planning on camping on the lake about March 15th ish, I'm hoping the fishing will have improved some and of course the weather is warming up more.  The snow pack melt for the salt river end should be flowing in by then too.  Should be some temp zone breaks in the water to try.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal