Author Topic: Fished Rosey  (Read 7437 times)

Offline wally g

• AZCA Members
Fished Rosey
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Fished All day.Fishing was slow two in the boat.
Twenty five ft. in front of windy hill.
not much to report.Talked to a few guys some deal.
Water temp cool 51-53.Going back next week.

Wally g

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Fished Rosey
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:04 AM »
Thanks for the report Wally!  Glad you're getting out there.  We're going to try for Saturday & see what happens...  If we don't get rained out!  :dontknow:

LLL
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:12 AM by cousinlll »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:14 AM »
Wally g - Art and I were out there in Art's boat yesterday as well.  I would have recognized your boat - we must have just missed each other.  Hopefully we can hook up in the Feb or March meeting.  Art caught the only fish on our boat long line trolling.  We tried long line trolling for the first few hours and then the later morning we headed to the south side of the lake east of Windy Hill and switched to vertical slow trolling.  There were probably 15-20 boats out there.  We got a couple bites right away and then nothing.  Another local guy there said he caught 16 the day before and but only 4 yesterday.  Seems like this weekend's front may have moved in upon my arrival as temps weren't as high there as I expected and there was more cloud cover than expected.  I'm starting to think I'm bad luck. 

I must say it was great to be on Art's boat for the first time.  He has the whole process streamlined.  No messing around with unknown depths or tying lines on the boat.  Spent most time fishing and not messing with rig setup.  It got me motivated to do some work on my boat and rod/reel setup.  That's part of the fun for me is upgrading my setup to make fishing more efficient on the lake as well as consistent in terms of knowing depths and so forth.

So that trip took away my fishing fever but I'm expecting it'll be back in a week or so..........

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39 AM »
Enjoyed our time together, thanks Matt..........Art

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:02 AM »
Matt, I've been debating on purchasing some T bars/rod holders for my boat. If you are interested let me know. Maybe we can try to do a package deal to at least save on the shipping fees. Here's what I'm looking at...

http://cumberlandcrappie.com/360RodHolders.html
http://www.hitekstuff.com/Extreme.html

Leaning more to the cumberland 2 rod set up do to the adjustable hieght. Feel free to give me a call. 602-909-5728

Dave
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Matt, I've been debating on purchasing some T bars/rod holders for my boat. If you are interested let me know. Maybe we can try to do a package deal to at least save on the shipping fees. Here's what I'm looking at...

http://cumberlandcrappie.com/360RodHolders.html
http://www.hitekstuff.com/Extreme.html

Leaning more to the cumberland 2 rod set up do to the adjustable hieght. Feel free to give me a call. 602-909-5728
Dave,
I think the type I got is the hitekstuff per a suggestion in another thread from cousinlll and you'd want extreme version for sure.  But I haven't tried it yet so can't say how well it works.  The boat upgrades I'm thinking after seeing Art's setup are ways to transport the long rods in my boat during travel without them getting banged up. Art uses rod holders placed along the side of the boat and seem to fit 2 on each side well.  Also, you need a way to bait your hooks and running a 16' pole down the center of your boat can get in the way and cumbersome.  Art made PVC type things mounted vertically where you stick the rod in while you are baiting it up.  I might do something like that just to ease baiting them up.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Copy that, LLL has all the goodies on his boat :thumbsup: Just thought I would ask before I purchased.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03 AM »
My electronics and gear on my boat cost more than my boat and motor!  Good for robbers maybe as they wouldn't even think I'd have anything good on my boat to steal.  I really should upgrade the boat rather than dump more money in it but tough to make that decision.  It works, no problems, easy shore launch, etc.  Going to want to upgrade in the next couple years though to allow for skiing/tubing for my kids.  Not really looking forward to boat shopping on craigslist.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:10 AM »
My electronics and gear on my boat cost more than my boat and motor!  Good for robbers maybe as they wouldn't even think I'd have anything good on my boat to steal. 

+1. nothing wrong with a old boat that has no leaks and runs for crappie fishing. Fish don't care what kind of boat you have. just set it up for what works for you.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 11:58 AM »
I just finished fabricating a 6 pole rod rack so I can transport all eight of my 14 foot rods to the lake , and store the four I'm don't have in the water. I will still haul two poles on the other side in the long line pole holders. I have my B'M's rigged with 3/4 oz. rigs for slow trolling and my BP's rigged with 2 oz. rigs for faster trolling and searching. I think their going to work out. Cumberlandcrappie wanted $150 plus shipping for an eight pole rack .It took me about two hours max to build mine with stuff I had around here. Might not be pretty but it's gonna work!.......Art

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal