Author Topic: 14th annual Alamo lake clean up is on March 2nd (chance to give back)  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Got this email from Stew the g and f WM for alamo lake he is putting together his 14h annual :o :headbang: alamo lake clean up. Louis and I went last year to represent the crappie club and crappie fishermen. It was a good time and yes you do a little work. The free steak dinner at the end of the day was fantastic ;D and the raffle was lots of fun as the email indicates (and hoping Billy will post the flyer since I don't know how to) camping is free if you camp in the group camp area, it was rewarding to help and unbelievable how much trash was picked up and how much better the lake shore looked after the effort. It was well organized by Stew and his helpers and there was a good turn out which means a good part of the shoreline and other areas around the lake got cleaned up.

Hoping especially club members will step up and give back to the resource as we always talk about doing, its a chance to walk the walk. We all love fishing alamo lake and since it is not popular with "lake lice" the mess there is often left by slob fishermen :crybaby2:

Folks,

My 14th Annual Alamo Lake cleanup is March 2, 2013. If you have not been to it before, it usually is a pretty good time. We do have to do a little work by picking up trash, but then there is a door prize raffle where everyone usually gets something, and ending with a delicious free steak dinner. We will start with a safety meeting around 8:00 am and end about 2:00 pm. The raffle starts at 3:00 and the dinner about 4:30-5:00 pm. If you would like to camp out, the Park waives their camping fees if you camp at the group use area.

I could use another patrol boat to help transport volunteers around and/or in case of emergency. Let me know if you can attend, so I can get a head count for dinner. Here are a couple of posters for the event. Thanks,             Stew   
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:42 PM by Piscolli »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
I plan on being there again. I enjoyed getting out there and walking around the lake and finding garbage that might have been older than me! The steak and raffle was awesome to. :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: 14th annual Alamo lake clean up is on March 2nd (chance to give back)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:11 PM »
bump
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 04:51 AM »
bump
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C l e a n   u p
Alamo Lake
March 2, 2013

Registration – begins at 6 pm on Friday March 1 at the Alamo Lake Group Use Area Cholla Campground

Cleanup work –8 am till 3pm on Saturday March 2

Bring a pair of gloves

Arizona State Parks will waive the camping and boat launch fees for registered cleanup participants staying at the Cholla Group Use Area.  Other facilities are available at the regular rates.  If you have a boat, bring it along.  The Arizona Game & Fish Department will operate a boat for the collection of large shoreline litter. Dinner and a raffle will be held Saturday night for the participants.

If you can help with the raffle door prizes, please notify the contact below.

Bring your camping gear, and join the fun

Contact – Stewart Kohnke, Wildlife Manager
(928) 856-0706 or

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:39 AM »
alamo lake clean up is next saturday, hope some of the crappie fishermen will show up :dontknow:

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 05:21 PM »
I'm cruzing out their. I won't be able to make it Friday night. My mom and my stepfather are coming with me so we won't be out their till Saturday morning. I love that lake don't want to see it trashed or any others for that matter. Just last weekend at Bartlett we launched at jojoba ramp and I got a whole net full of floating trash. Anyways see you guys their!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal