Author Topic: Roosie changing!?  (Read 7654 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Roosie changing!?
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:13 PM »
As of 8 a.m. this morning the Salt was running at 242 cfs and the Tonto at 3930 cfs. Jeff rode his quad to look this a.m. and said the Tonto "is running wall to wall and impassable". Things are going to be changing rapidly!..........Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosie changing!?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:23 PM »
the water just hit the salt end, looks like about 5-6000cfs combined going into the lake now, going to be a muddy mess on both ends of the lake and probably bunch of floating brush and junk for some time. Hopefully it washes the GA out of the salt river :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:22 PM »
sounds like great news for the lake to me although im hopin to hit rosey next weekend. looks like a nice high presure should build in by then.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:19 PM »
I'll take any change to that lake so I say let that water flow!  Hope it rained a ton up there too.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:22 AM »
We're right at 3 inches of rain here at my place. The info this a.m. is almost 7500 cfs and that doesn't count the creeks, Reno, Sycamore, Rock, Salt Gulch, etc, etc. Jake and I just walked over to Sycamore and it is running wall to wall! .........Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:59 AM »
lake came up a foot or so at this point, the salt river is interesting it is flowing past schoolhouse with rapids all the way almost to grapevine lots of logs and trees floating down river, the tonto as it flows in is just muddy not that much debris being washed in yet, S.O. patrol boat was making runs across the lake from the marina over to shore near indian point to deliver medicines etc. got hit with a snow storm at slate creek on 87 on the way home last night.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 11:09 AM »
The Salt is running 2 1/2 times cfs more than the Tonto now, 8720 cfs total at 8 a.m.  Grapevine is only 1 foot out of the water right now and could be useable in a few days! .........Art

Offline wally g

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:01 PM »
Thanks for the up date Art.
May take a ride up there this week end.
Keep us informed.

Thanks Wally G

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 04:58 PM »
I'm going up to Roosie on Thursday & Camping for the weekend. Who going to be there & where? I think I'm going to stay at Windyhill.
I'm open to go to any camp if someone can show me how to catch a crappie.
Timbo

Piscolli

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:01 PM »
Tim, Coati area of Windy Hill is very nice. I think there's a big bass tourney out of Windy Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal