Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 313952 times)

Piscolli

Hey New Guys
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:05 AM »
New users of our site, please introduce yourselves to the crew. Where you from, how long have you been Crappie fishing, favorite lake, etc.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:22 PM by OneBlade »

Offline Peeps

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:11 AM »
I'm a snow bird from Wis/ Minn and have been watching your forum for about a year. Haven't been able to attend any meetings yet as they never seem to match my schedule/location. Love crappie fishing and have been to Alamo several times (not this year yet due to no good reports on that lake) and Bartlett. Don't yet know my way around Bartlett.
I really appreciate the fishing news you guys provide especially because of the many miles between lakes around here. Where I come from lakes are more plentyfull but truth be told the crappies are a lot smaller.

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46 AM »
 :sign0144:

I am originally from L.A. Lower Alabama. I have been here since Jan. 89 and I have fished for everything in Most of our lakes. I like night fishing Crappie more than day time trolling. Of course I have NO Idea what I would be doing trolling for them. I have a FEW Health issues that stop me from working but I enjoy every day I have and every fishing trip is special.
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:07 PM »
rattlesnakes upside the head will give you health issues fo sho

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 04:42 PM »
rattlesnakes upside the head will give you health issues fo sho

What?!?!?!?!?!

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Take a look at your member photo...  I do believe that's a rattler...

It's all cool here, guy... :3some:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:25 AM »
OHhhhhh. I was like what???? Where did that come from. I get it now. He had just passed away anyway.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Not real new lurked for awhile but here goes .I am a snowbird I guess I am here in AZ ( Sun City formerly Mesa) sometimes  from Late October lately from January to April . In Minnesota I fish extensively on Lake Mille Lacs and Lake Of the Woods. Here in Az I have a 18.5 ft Tracker Xt 60 4 stk merc set up for crappie fishing . My fishing buddies are other Minnesota snow birds who also fish extensively in the Midwest .When Dad was alive we fished with Art Chamberlain several times. You can see the problem with this as there is very little knowledge as to how and where and when to fish in AZ. So I and possibly  my buddies  would be interested in joining with others who have a common interest in fishing here in Az . With that said the events you list as club events and needing to attend two present a problem, 1.I do not currently have my pickup camper here in AZ so I would pretty much have to make it a day event , 2.In April when you have your Spring event I will have a house full of guests 4 grand kids and there parents so I may not be able to attend ( maybe I can get one parent and 4 kids in the boat(they all love to fish ). I am interested but the time frame you  guys have wil make it difficult any suggestions?.

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:26 PM »
With that said the events you list as club events and needing to attend two present a problem, 1.I do not currently have my pickup camper here in AZ so I would pretty much have to make it a day event , 2.In April when you have your Spring event I will have a house full of guests 4 grand kids and there parents so I may not be able to attend ( maybe I can get one parent and 4 kids in the boat(they all love to fish ). I am interested but the time frame you  guys have wil make it difficult any suggestions?.

Our schedule doesn't work for everyone but you don't have to be a member to enjoy our website. We're glad your here.

Offline hydrospec2001

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 02:21 AM »
Hello to everyone!

I grew up in northwest Florida, AKA LA, Lower Alabama, and joined the military shortly after high school. I was first assigned to Davis Monthan AFB in 97 and relocated to Arkansas in 2001. For a guy growing up outdoors, Arkansas was paradise! Unfortunately I couldn't stay and in 2007 I relocated back out here. I love to fish but feel clueless on how to be a succesful fisherman out here. Thats why I joined the site. I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge from some guys that have experience out here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal