Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 314852 times)

Piscolli

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 05:56 AM »
They have minnows at the marina store, try
http://rlmaz.com/

ACFIXR

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2013, 03:08 PM »
Howdy fishermen!
I'm Chuck Phelan from Tucson and I love to fish too. I Grew up trolling Apache and Roosevelt with waterdog bombers, (when did it become rosey?) And always got excited when we caught crappies as I love to eat them. I love fishing the Black river for small mouths and the Salt above the Young bridge for flat heads and channels. I am getting too old(58) to hike back to my secret holes on the rivers. Besides that my wife and kids won't let me anyway.So I bought a pontoon boat so I can go back to fishing Roosevelt for "Crappy!" in my old age.I heard mention of San Carlos in an earlier post................(1970's)I can remember loading a boat with 6 people on it and everyone of us had Bayou boogies tied on. In one afternoon we filled an ice chest with bass in less than an hour casting and reeling as fast as we could. It was unbelievable!

Offline azhoghead

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2014, 06:10 PM »
 :sign0144: lol cool........hey guys and gals, my name is jim and i am a 47 year native of northern az. never knew this group existed till today. ran into it while trying to find fishing reports for roosevelt. heading down tomorow for about 10 days. i love fishing for crappie anywhere but my favorite place is up the san juan at lake powell.....talk about SLABERS .......  :ecomcity: :ecomcity: :ecomcity:....anyway hope to learn and make some new freinds here and eventually meet some of ya.......jim

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Welcome guys
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Treetop

• Family, Fishing and Friends
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 06:25 PM »
I have been in AZ about 17 years, my wife and 4 sons are all native Arizonans. My four boys are all between the ages of 12 and 14 years old. I am interested in passing the fishing bug onto them at an earlier age than I got it. I am at the beginning of the learning curve on Crappie fishing, so we will learn as a family.

I have a 1986 Chris Craft deckboat (my first boat), also on the beginners learning curve when it comes to my boat. I met the new President at work and he turned me onto the AZ Crappie group, we are excited to get started.

On a personal note, I am a 6'8" bald guy that is a bailiff in the Superior Court for Pinal County (see Bull from Nightcourt). I was a baseball player in a former life Cubs, Expos, and Mets over a 5 year minor league career. I know how hard it is to start catching fish and be able to find any real info on where to go and what to use, so I will be sharing all of my info with the others as I have some more success.

Offline sandman

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Welcome Treetop (Dave?). Great club here and hope you and your family get some enjoyment out of it.

We won't hold the fact that you know the new President against you.  :director:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 08:18 PM »
Hey Treetop, good to meet you.  Nice old reference to Night Court!   You'll find the AZCA members are willing to share their techniques and you'll really find a good mix in the group - some long line trollers, other slow vertical trolling, others casting to shore and structure.  All have different setups and uses.  See you at the crappie fest.

Piscolli

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 06:27 AM »
Sounds like we found our new center.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36 AM »

Guess I will be traded :crybaby2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 03:49 PM »

Guess I will be traded :crybaby2:

No, moved to power forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal