Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 313969 times)

Offline BloodyDuck2

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44 AM »
My stomping grounds was Marianna, Cottondale, Sneed's, Chipley, Bonifay. Area.
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 06:56 AM »
thx redmule for the assist. come on bloody duck lets keep up bud. i get a litlle goofy in the mornin hang in there youl get it. :headbang:

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 06:08 PM »
thx redmule for the assist. come on bloody duck lets keep up bud. i get a litlle goofy in the mornin hang in there youl get it. :headbang:

LMAO Wait what??!?!?!?!?!! :wtf:
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Originally from Iowa, moved here in 95.  Fished a lot when I was a kid, started again locally about 3 years ago after buying a boat from my father-in-law.  Over the past 10-12 years fished with the father-in-law at/near their cabin on Stark Lake in central Minnesota about 20 miles NW of Aitkin.  (Lake Mille Lacs is huge btw).  Love catching Pike, Crappie, and Catfish.  Just don't have enough time to fish or hunt as much as I'd like too  :crybaby2:.

Took the father-in-law to San Carlos 2 years ago.  He's fished primarily Northerns for 50 years and nearly yanked the first crappie that bit half way to Tucson (slight learning curve for him).  But seeing him catch a 17" crappie was priceless.

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44 AM »
My name is Shea Meyer, 26 yo AZ native. I met Piscolli back at BPS a couple years ago where I learned about the association. I have recently joined and started reading the forums as fishing season for me is in full swing starting in March. Waterfowl and big game occupy months August - January.  :violent-smiley-007:

I have been fishing since I was big enough to cast rod. I have spend most of my time on the valley lakes and rivers. My primary fishing water is Roosevelt Lake. I fish crappie 75% of the time, with the remainder going to walleye and largemouth by accident. 

I'm in a camoflage-wrapped aluminum bass tracker with a minn kota bow mount. My 2 favorite fishing partners are my girlfriend and my black lab. I'm never afraid to tell you what's working for me. I'm constantly trying new rigs, colors and tactics. Have to love these AZ crappies. I have caught several fish in the 2.5 lb range but I'm still waiting on that 3 pounder for the wall.

Looking forward to attending the next meeting. From what I read, you all seem to be a great people. See you out there!
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Piscolli

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Good to see you here Shea.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 03:48 PM »
oh no another crazed duck hunter  :o :o it is addicting and this year was a fun year, now got to goes find them crappie :dontknow:

My name is Shea Meyer, 26 yo AZ native. I met Piscolli back at BPS a couple years ago where I learned about the association. I have recently joined and started reading the forums as fishing season for me is in full swing starting in March. Waterfowl and big game occupy months August - January.  :violent-smiley-007:

I have been fishing since I was big enough to cast rod. I have spend most of my time on the valley lakes and rivers. My primary fishing water is Roosevelt Lake. I fish crappie 75% of the time, with the remainder going to walleye and largemouth by accident. 

I'm in a camoflage-wrapped aluminum bass tracker with a minn kota bow mount. My 2 favorite fishing partners are my girlfriend and my black lab. I'm never afraid to tell you what's working for me. I'm constantly trying new rigs, colors and tactics. Have to love these AZ crappies. I have caught several fish in the 2.5 lb range but I'm still waiting on that 3 pounder for the wall.

Looking forward to attending the next meeting. From what I read, you all seem to be a great people. See you out there!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline 2nafish

• Rather be fishing
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Like everyone else, I enjoy fishing.  Not really particular what species as long as its sporting and I have a great time.  I'm a native Arizonan and have been fishing all my life.  I remember going to San Carlos and Roosevelt back in the 60's.  I currently live in Mesa and still like fishing San Carlos and Roosevelt for bass and crappie. I also like the high country for trout and on the west coast for offshore tuna, wahoo, yellowtail and marlin.  I have a small personal watercraft that has had it's share of fish in it.  I like to practice catch and release a lot.  I can only eat a plate full of fish at one timeand don't want to be greedy.  I haven't been crappie fishing in a while and started searching the internet and found this website. Nice surprise to find a Forum with members willing to share some information.  I'm looking forward to hopefully catching some crappie this spring  Your club meeting sound interesting and a chance to socialize some.  Thanks guys. Tight Lines to all.  <://///><

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Hello to all. Name is Robert 28 lived here all my life in this wonderful state. I started fishing about 4 years ago. I got an old 15ft Starcraft. I just started crappie fishing about 2 years ago. This guy from club came in and and I saw sticker on back of his window az crappie. I started talking to fella and told him I can't catch of of those dang crappie to save my life. He asked me what I was using how I was using it and boy was I all wrong. He gave me a few pointers and the next month my my buddy and I went to Alamo( favorite lake ) and caught so many it was unreal. So now I am hooked I mean I really love to fish but those crappie just taste so Good.  But anyway just to say hello and you guys have built a real nice website. Can't wait for these little cold fronts to pass. It's on!!!!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 06:53 PM »
This guy from club came in and and I saw sticker on back of his window az crappie. I started talking to fella and told him I can't catch of of those dang crappie to save my life. He asked me what I was using how I was using it and boy was I all wrong. He gave me a few pointers and the next month my my buddy and I went to Alamo( favorite lake ) and caught so many it was unreal.
I wonder who it was?  Bill at Bass Pro Shop?

I think you took all the crappie out of Alamo.  Not hearing much for reports out there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal