Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 314013 times)

Offline Yukonleft

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 09:15 PM »

I hope you consider joining the AZCA as your thoughts and memories of OUR beloved sport are extremely refreshing.

Join us at Spring Crappie-Fest 2013 and you will meet countless folks that have stories just like yours.
[/quote]

I plan on joining...dunno if I can make the Fest.  Spring is always a busy time, and my weekends tie up even when reserved.  I will absolutely do my best to make it out there.  It sounds like a great time.

Thanks to y'all for the kudos.  I'm glad the memory struck a chord.

Offline freshwater

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 07:17 AM »
Kinda get that quesy feeling remembering yesteryears when grandpa would take us down on the Minnesota river by Delhi and catch catfish or school grove and catch bullheads.

Offline Rollo

• AZCA Members
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Hello. Originally moved to Arizona in 1989 with the Air Force and never left. Came from Ohio where I used to Bass and Catfish mostly. Been fishing in AZ since the early 90's, mostly Roosevelt but have fished Alamo, Apache, Canyone, Saguaro, Sa Carlos, Pleasant, Patagonia, Pena Blanca, Parker Canyon, Arivaca, Bartlett... hmmm guess I fished a couple places. I enjoy getting out on the water when I can, typically I only fish Dec-May then start playing more with the family in the water with the fish. I used to Bass fish more, the last couple of years I've spent quite  bit more time crappie fishing. I used to go out at night put the lights out and catch my crappie that way (still fun). Now I do a considerable amount of time trolling and really enjoy the quality of fish you catch this way. To date my biggest Crappie is 2 1/2 lbs, hoping to crack that 3 some day. Hopefully one of these days I'll make it to the crappie fest and meet everyone, until then if you see me on the water I'm in a black skeeter 200ZX with a 150 mercury. There's usually a big goofy guy on the front of the boat with hat on drinking a cold beverage, say hello to James. See you on the water.

Offline CraptastiC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 10:06 AM »
Hey! all just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Preston, I'm 29 and a 2nd gen AZ native. I grew up fishing at pleasant even before the dam was raised, but now find myself at Bartlett most outings. I have been Azcrappie.com reader for a few years and always wanted to be more involved. My old fishin buds have either moved or became to busy to go with any more so I'm looking to make some new friends who love slayin slabs as much as I do!

Offline kique482

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Hi gang,
My name is Enrique Ramirez and I am 30, almost 31.  People call me Kique, Henry an a host of other names.  Take your pick. I grew up in Mammoth fishing a little local pond and also fishing the salt, stocktanks on SC, Seneca and of course Roosevelt, San Carlos and Talkalai. 
Crappie fishing is fun regardless if you catch one or not, but even better when you are catching em.  I enjoy catching cats on the river more than anything, but crappie is a close second as I am still trying to figure em out and get there when the bite is going mad.  San Carlos was great for that. My funnest trip was in high school going fishing with my neighbor to Canyon lake.  We caught an outrageous amount of sunfish/bluegill keeping close to 100 that were hand or bigger.  I will never forget that.
Anyways I love fishing, being outdoors and loving what God has created for us.
I'm not new at fishing but still working to get crappie fishing down like i have the cats in the river.
Here to learn but also to share what I can.

Kique

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Welcome to all the new people, it is great to have new blood and new ideas. Hope you all learn something and we appreciate your input also. Good fishing.
GOD BLESS

Offline Palo Verde

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Palo Verde here.
old guy with a 25 year old son he wants to spend time with before the son gets transferred someplace else. Crappie fishing (or any fishing) is a great way to spend time with your kids.

Live fairly close to Bartlett and found this site trying to find fishing info on Bartlett. Seems like a real nice site with good people and serves a valuable purpose.

I appreciate those who take time to post info on their fishing experience. Thanks

Piscolli

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 06:00 PM »
Thank you fellas for introducing yourselves and all of us AZCA members hope you enjoy the site.

Also, mark your calenders, The Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic at Roosevelt is the second weekend in Oct. Details soon.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 07:35 PM »
Just wanted to say , although we made it to just the meeting at Crappie fest , Glenda and I enjoyed your company and warm welcome . Saturday we returned back to Minnesota for the summer and it promptly snowed 6 inches , As I speak it is snowing and we are expecting another 8 inches by tomorrow evening , I have May 12th 5pm as an Ice out date in the Lake Association Pool and feel that maybe was a bit early . Needless to say if Brian or Chris or Willy ever says to me stick around and go to Lake Powell with us , I am all in ,someone else can freeze and put the d-- docks in . Again thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to make the second meeting requisite in October . Stay Warm  !!  oops I guess that is not appropriate , Tight lines ! That is better.

Offline DTurner

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Hello, My name is Darren Turner.  I've been in AZ for almost 15 years and I have been hooked on crappie since the first trip I went on with my dad back in Illinois.  My two favorite lakes are Bartlett and Roosevelt.  We usually do decent at Bartlett under the lights.  Rosey, We landed 4 three pounders on an Easter sunday afternoon, but deployments and Korea have kept me from getting back out there.  Hey, I don't have a boat, but does anyone know a place we can catch some crappie from shore around Rosey.  We usually go to Rattlesnake cove at Bartlett.  Thanks for the input.

Darren

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal