Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 314007 times)

Piscolli

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Darren, you  can fish the marina docks at Rosey for like $5. There are crappie all over them. Welcome to the site and thank you for serving our country.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Billy I think the marina got shut down charging people to fish off the docks, apparently a g and f violation :dontknow: have not heard the latest on that issue but should probably call ahead to see if it is still OK to fish off docks there?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Billy I think the marina got shut down charging people to fish off the docks, apparently a g and f violation :dontknow: have not heard the latest on that issue but should probably call ahead to see if it is still OK to fish off docks there?

Dang that sucks. Like piscolli said their are some nice crappies in their. I caught my biggest one in their at 2lb 10oz. Fishless when did you hear about that? I fished it in late April and they charged me 10$. Caught some nice slabs too. Lot were late spawners so we let a lot go.

I also saw some people fishing from shore to the left of marina if looking at marina from shore. Looks like an old ramp just below sheriff station. That whole cove was holding lots of fish when we went threw thier.But I believe it's off limits to boats so we did not fish their. But the people over on shore thier told us they had caught a few slabs in that area. Good luck out their Darren!!! and I Thank You.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 10:01 PM »
Hello, My name is Darren Turner.  I've been in AZ for almost 15 years and I have been hooked on crappie since the first trip I went on with my dad back in Illinois.  My two favorite lakes are Bartlett and Roosevelt.  We usually do decent at Bartlett under the lights.  Rosey, We landed 4 three pounders on an Easter sunday afternoon, but deployments and Korea have kept me from getting back out there.  Hey, I don't have a boat, but does anyone know a place we can catch some crappie from shore around Rosey.  We usually go to Rattlesnake cove at Bartlett.  Thanks for the input.

Darren

Darren,

I am out at Luke myself but am currently in Afghanistan.  We'll have to get together when I get back...

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 06:12 AM »

Dang that sucks. Like piscolli said their are some nice crappies in their. I caught my biggest one in their at 2lb 10oz. Fishless when did you hear about that? I fished it in late April and they charged me 10$. Caught some nice slabs too. Lot were late spawners so we let a lot go.

I also saw some people fishing from shore to the left of marina if looking at marina from shore. Looks like an old ramp just below sheriff station. That whole cove was holding lots of fish when we went threw thier.But I believe it's off limits to boats so we did not fish their. But the people over on shore thier told us they had caught a few slabs in that area. Good luck out their Darren!!! and I Thank You.

I think it happened in May? g and f wildlife managers were discussing things with the marina, I have not check back to see if they worked things out or if it is (shut down for charging people) etc. like I said best to call the marina at rosy and ask them. You can fish the cove where the marina is you just can not go by boat into the slips where the boats are moored or around their dock area, you can fish off shore near the marina launch or down near the small roadway that goes out to the marina off shore, as far as near the sherrifs substation not sure if that is posted but I would not walk down from the office there? have fished a bunch in that marina cove in the past along the shore line by boat.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline DTurner

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Darren, you  can fish the marina docks at Rosey for like $5. There are crappie all over them. Welcome to the site and thank you for serving our country.
Bill, Thanks for the sentiment.  I will head up to Rosy and give it a try.  My two son's will love you for it.  Thanks again.
Darren

Offline DTurner

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 07:50 PM »

Thanks ArZFisher.  I will give it a try.  I need some crappie on my dinner plate.  We haven't been up there in about 5 years, it will be a nice road trip for the boys and I.

Offline DTurner

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Fishless, I'll call and see if it's still open.  Thanks for the heads up and Happy Fishing.

Offline DTurner

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Hello, My name is Darren Turner.  I've been in AZ for almost 15 years and I have been hooked on crappie since the first trip I went on with my dad back in Illinois.  My two favorite lakes are Bartlett and Roosevelt.  We usually do decent at Bartlett under the lights.  Rosey, We landed 4 three pounders on an Easter sunday afternoon, but deployments and Korea have kept me from getting back out there.  Hey, I don't have a boat, but does anyone know a place we can catch some crappie from shore around Rosey.  We usually go to Rattlesnake cove at Bartlett.  Thanks for the input.

Darren

Darren,

I am out at Luke myself but am currently in Afghanistan.  We'll have to get together when I get back...

We'll definitely do that.  I'm stationed at DM, but my home is in Surprise.  Look forward to removing a few AZ natural resources (CRAPPIE) with you.

Offline DTurner

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Bill is there anywhere to buy minnows at Rosy? and if so do you know the store hours?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal