Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 314135 times)

Offline Skeeterpeter

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Hi I'm Tosten lived in az last five years from mn/wi recently got my first boat. Fish Bartlett all the time but haven't had the success I've read about ! Did a lot of ice fishing and open water fishing up until I moved here looking forward to getting back into it! Would like to meet people that do the Same and get some tips and insight for fishing in the southwest! Take it easy everyone and thanks ahead of time!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline scumbucket

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2014, 06:18 AM »
 :sign0144: Name, Brian Heap, grew up in the white mountains, fished for trout all my life, until I discovered Crappie. Had a pond I stocked with crappie up near St. Johns. Had some nice slabs there until the rancher who owned the pond had a family reunion and they cleaned my pond out. I didn't re=stock it, what's the point.  Crappie have to be the best eating fresh water fish there is. I married a gal in Tempe, and have moved down here with her. Am retired, and would love to be a member of the club. I'm here to learn how and where to fish from you experts.  clu :greengrin: :happy1:b activities sound like lots of fun. I'm willing to help however I can.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2014, 08:25 AM »
Welcome scumbucket, we all learn from each other and now you will bring in some fresh new ideas. Best thing to do is meet up with the crew at the lake and see what is being used at that particular lake at that time. Hope to see you out on the water.
GOD BLESS

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Good to meet both of you guys.  As Tritoon said, you'd learn your most meeting up on the water.  Tech savy could search a few of the terms used on the internet and find some good videos.  I also got great help talking to a competent salesman at Bass Pro who understood crappie fishing.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2014, 07:40 AM »
barely competent,  and musically challenged. you new guys should attend a lecture/demonstration by art chamberlain. theres one coming up soon or we just missed it but check with sportsmans warehouse for schedule. very impressive. watch out for flying jigs.

Offline muttonman

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2015, 07:36 AM »
I am Native from Flagstaff, AZ. A good friend sold me on the idea of catchin' this elusive fish and told me it is the best you will ever eat. So, we started last summer we bought our fishing tags and headed for Bartlett. We night fished, we were able to produce large bait balls, attract what looked to be large fish on the fish finder, 8 months go by, I start wearin' thin, and I thought to myself, "he is telling me 'tall-tales'". I will say this this much though, the crappie must know who are members of AZCA because no sooner than I was inducted, I caught one of them. To my surprise, they are tasty, and now I am hooked!  :dance:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Welcome muttonman, don't worry we are all hooked.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2015, 07:46 AM »
Nice job Boyd!  And a pretty good first post also.  Welcome aboard   :headbang:

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Welcome. Now that you are a pro you can show the rest of us how it is done.      Nice fish.
GOD BLESS

Offline tjhunt2

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17 AM »
 :sign0144: I'm originally from Ohio and have been here in Az since 1972. Some of my first memories here were catching crappies from Roosevelt Lake. I use to think I was a pretty good crappie fisherman but here lately I either forgot a lot or the crappie population is down. I recently met one of your members, papermouth, and he told me about Arizona Crappie Association. Seems lately I've been hunting these little guys more than catching them so I'm looking forward to further my education on the best eating fish of all times.

TJ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal