Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 313942 times)

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2017, 07:21 AM »
My name's Gene. I'm originally from MD/PA and have lived here in the valley since 2007. I'm mostly a fly fisherman but I'll gladly use spinning or bait fishing gear if I need to get down below about 15' or so - not practical with a fly line even if it is sinking line. Me and my wife love fishing of all kinds and have a bass boat due in soon. I'm working on the storage house (boat-port) in the yard now to keep the sun off of it. The only lake I fished around here is Saguaro a couple of years ago in April from my kick boat but it was so crowded I didn't expect to catch anything - good thing too because we didn't. With the regular boat coming soon I'm figuring on hitting Roosevelt, Apache, Havasu, Alamo, and maybe Powell if we have a couple of days off. I live right next to Pleasant but it's packed to the gills every time we've been over there. Does it lighten up a little in the fall/winter/spring? I hope it does but for now I'm not considering it a high priority due to the crowds. I miss fishing from a boat and hope to get out a lot this fall. Crappie and Bluegill have been my favorite eating fish since as early as I can remember.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Hi , Welcome !! Sorry I am late to the party , I am very close to you from October to May . westside . Sun City , I have a Tracker 18.5 set up for Az in AZ and have been a member for a number of years . Due to Illness an unfortunately the all to early end of life of my two best fishing Buds , Wild Bill and Brian , I am currently without a regular fishing partner perhaps when I return in October we can get together for a cup of coffee . Again welcome , I will PM you with Phone and email info

Offline ejcrist

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29 PM »
Sounds good Craig - look forward to talking to ya.
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Junius P. Long

Offline Gringindio

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Hello! I am an AZ native. I have been fishing all my life, mostly here in AZ. Another member introduced me to your site last week... and here I am.
The mask... given time, becomes the face itself.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2018, 12:47 PM »
Welcome to the site. I hope you consider joining our small club. Lots of great people and information. As our front page states crappie fishing information and non of the B.S.

Offline Rob

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Welcome.
Where you been fishing?

Offline Azstick_and_string

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Hello all,

I just wanted to take a second and say hello. My name is Dusty and I've been lurking on the site for a few months, but just finally joined. I'm originally from Michigan, but moved to AZ about 10 years ago. I primarily catfish, but have been trying to tackle some crappie. Its a bit different than catching them through the ice like i used to. I look forward to learning as much as possible and sharing my reports.

-Dusty

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Hey Dusty good to meet you.  There are a lot of folks from the midwest on here.  You'll find much of the crappie fishing techniques you used back home probably work here as well. 

Offline Tight Line

« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Hello everyone,
My wife and I have retired from the Army down in the Sierra Vista/FT Huachuca area and are trying hard to figure out how to catch Crappie in the AZ clear and deep waters.  My wife is originally from Missouri (that Show me thing got me, Lol) and we used to slay Crappie on Truman Lake.  We have a 21' pontoon boat and mainly camp and fish Roosevelt, but am willing to try other lakes.  We are talking about trying some night fishing this weekend so would appreciate any advise you experts could provide.

I have heard many great things about San Carlos Lk for Crappie.  I called Soda Canyon store yesterday and they said there was no water.  Anyone have any information?

Last but not least, thank you all for the information you provide on this site as it helps keep me motivated....... as at least someone catches a Crappie now and then.    :headbang:

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Welcome Tight Lines. 
Will be down in the Huachuca City area for granddaughters 7th birthday bash next week.
Have heard Patagonia has a decent crappie population.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2018, 06:24 PM »
There are crappie in several of the southern lakes down near you guys (ck out the game and fish website) Patagonia and other lakes down there. Carlos is a mud hole but you might do well at night at Roosevelt, good place to start is the tires near the marina (just beware those monsoon storms can roll into Roosevelt very fast and make it an ugly lake.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal