Author Topic: Hey New Guys  (Read 313896 times)

Offline Tight Line

Re: Hey New Guys
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Thank you guys for the welcome and input.  Didn't do any good on Rosey but the weather (wind) was not to cooperative.  Caught a half dozen and a Gil using minnows in  20' water around windy hill.  I am going to try to figure out Patagonia Lake as well.  Caught only two the last time my wife and I fished there.  This AZ Crappie fishing is tough....at least for me.  :(

Offline coherent

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Grew up in Missouri and bass fished a lot as a kid. Learned form my dad, uncle and their friends who were frequent fishing trip partners. I'm retired military so have moved around a lot and fished in a number of states. Moved to AZ from Alaska back in '99. Bought a used Champion bass boat not long after we moved to Arizona and I did a bit of bass fishing over the years then sold the boat.  Recently my wife and I decided we need to get out and stay a bit more active so decided to get another boat. We bought a new tracker 175 and want to do more crappie fishing which can be a little more relaxing and less work than bass (not to mention great eating!).  Have enjoyed our fist few outings with the new boat and are learning some of the ins and outs of crappie fishing. We've boated a few. Hoping to keep learning and appreciate the info and knowledge shared here on the forum. Very interested in becoming a member and meeting some of you folks. Hoping to get to one of the next open meetings to say hello.
-Marc

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Hey Marc, good to meet you.  I think you're right, catching crappie sure does seem a bit more relaxing than catching bass and good eating too.  Hope to see you at one of our next open meetings.  If you are interested in one of the closed meetings that occur before the next open one, you can attend but only if a club member sponsors you, which I'd be willing to.  Message me if there's one you think you'd like to attend.  I won't make the Nov meeting unfortunately.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Marc , if you want to attend the November meeting at Roosevelt I will be attending and would be happy to sponsor you . PM me if that is something you want to pursue .

Offline PDX2AZ

New guy
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2018, 10:50 PM »
Hellooooo,

New guy here.  Moved to AZ 8 months ago from Oregon (46 years living there was about 45 years too many). Have not done a lot of crappie fishing, but I'm interested in doing more of it.  I picked up a 14' boat, motor, trailer and have a couple very light spinning rods I used for a few crappie fishing trips in Oregon.

Been frolicking around the forum a bit trying to pick up some tips from fishing reports. I went to Saguaro a couple weeks ago and plan to try Bartlett next week for my first time.

Looking forward to reading more from other members.

Thanks!

Offline Rob

« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Hey PDX2AZ, good to meet you.  I'm Matt (screenname OneBlade).  You'll find many of the crappie fishing techniques you used in Oregon still apply here.  Good luck at Bartlett, there are some nice crappie there, try Yellow Cliffs, Cat Bay, Alder cove, etc. anywhere you can find some trees/structure deep.  If interested, you could also check out Art's presentation at Bass Pro Shop: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,3859.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal