Author Topic: TRAFFIC CONTROL Volunteers Needed for AZGFD Outdoor Exposition  (Read 4590 times)

Piscolli

I got this email today from Dustin @ G&F and thought I'd post it. The Expo is a lot of fun and this is a great way to help out.

FREE Training conducted by P.O.S.T. Law Enforcement Instructor!

When: Training will be on Saturday, February 23 from 1:00PM-5:00 PM. Volunteers MUST sign up to conduct parking lot traffic control for Outdoor Expo and MUST be available on one of the three days available (The Outdoor Expo will be March 22, 23, and 24th). Traffic control will be a full day duty. Breaks will be provided and volunteers will be assisted by Department employees and Law Enforcement Officers.

Where: Training will be conducted at the AZ Game and Fish Department Headquarters at 5000 West Carefree Highway Phoenix, AZ (Carefree Highway and I-17) in the Eagle Room. The Outdoor Expo takes place next to Headquarters at the Ben Avery Shooting area. More details and maps for event will be provided during training.

Description: Trainees will learn law enforcement traffic control techniques. Trainees will learn how to safely conduct traffic control during events through classroom presentation and will be provided practical training in a parking lot area. The training will be conducted by a Law Enforcement P.O.S.T. certified officer. All training materials will be provided. Please be prepared to be outside for the practical portion of training. Please wear comfortable clothing and comfortable shoes for outdoor use. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE TO VOLUNTEER.

Contact: Please contact Jamie Lyons, Volunteer Administrator at 623-236-7311. You can also email Jamie at jlyons@azgfd.gov.

Dustin Yinger

Volunteer Administrative Assistant

AZ Game and Fish Volunteer Program

623-236-7311