Author Topic: San Carlos 2/16/2013  (Read 11072 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
San Carlos 2/16/2013
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:49 PM »
After a dismal start of our day on Roosevelt, Yogi and I headed to San Carlos.  Got there by 2pm on the water at 3pm. Yeah, late start.  Mainly wanted to check it out.  Water level is several feet lower than spring of 2012.  Same route to get to the new boat ramp but now it's one lane ramp.  Very big ruts in the ramp area and decline of the ramp is bad (not enough).  Had to get all 4 tires in the water to dock but got out no problem.  Would be an issue if more than just a couple boats dock there though.   Another guy came in the time we were headed out and said he didn't get a bite all day.  Should have taken that hint.  We fished for 2 hours mainly around the dam area and graphed a few good sized fish and a couple schools but minimal.  There are fish in that lake but not biting today and not sure what species.  Water level was 14-15' by the dam.  Temps were 55 deg to 59 deg.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:09 PM by mrokusek »

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: San Carlos 2/16/2013
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52 AM »
three lakes this weekend wow. thanks for the pics

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:54 PM »
3 lakes??? what was the third :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:50 PM »
3 lakes??? what was the third :dontknow:
Friday was Apache.  Going there again with kids for spring break camping trip in March.  Saturday was Roosevelt and San Carlos.  Being back on the reservation brought back fond memories of the lake.  Same lady working Bashes.  Same slime on the boat.  Eerie to see no one else on the lake and it so shallow.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:14 PM »
OH :o :o didn't see that report

how was apaches water clarity compared to rosy :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:19 PM »
how was apaches water clarity compared to rosy :dontknow:
Way clearer.  Roosevelt had wood debris everywhere.  None of that in Apache at least where I was fishing.  I'm not sure these storms impact it like Roosevelt. Apache was probably at 90+% before the storms and probably at same level still.  Not sure though.  It doesn't fluctuate in water level that much.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29 AM »
thanks

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23 AM »
matt what did u guys do on apache hit the flats or did u try by the docks for crappie? srp has kept apache relatively stable and rosey filters out he mud before it gets through the dam im thinkin. so its not goin to get the river runoff just what runs directkly into the lake. rosey takes the crap fromtwo decent river systems.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal