Author Topic: crappie fishing? what else?  (Read 5211 times)

Offline kicked back

crappie fishing? what else?
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has a hint of what to do for Bartlett tomorrow...I'm going. I will be in a 79' 14' Mirrocraft aluminum and on the transom is "Kicked Back" yes that's me and I have not attended any functions yet because I work Fri,Sat,Sun every week. It sucks but it's my fault or my Mothers because I was born good looking instead of rich!I want to try and get off for the Alamooo clean up but no promises. I work for WALLY WORLD and they don't get excited about any causes except their own. If you have some suggestions on where to go and what to use please tell me. Thanks, Doog
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: crappie fishing? what else?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:05 PM »
The only area I know is Cat Bay and I would think they'd still be in the deeper water so troll all around that entire bay and use your graph to locate the trees in there and you are set.  Tough fishing around the entire state but with final cold front through we might be getting into spawn season here within a month.  Small jigs with plastic grub and minnow or even just try minnows on bare hook.  Good luck and post a report - good or bad!

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:21 AM »
You might try the habitat buoys around Rattlesnake cove as well. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Billy there ain't no buoys left and if there is any they are just drifting around the lake :crybaby2:

there is a lot of artificial habitat around the fishing dock at rattlesnake cove--the walk in area--can not go in by motorized boat

the lake is still real muddy except way down near the dam and the lake is continuing to rise, with this warming weather crappie should be on the move but still thinking since it is in the 60's during the day and 40 at night that the lake has not warmed up much?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:02 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline whaler

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:07 PM »
hairless and i fished it today still muddy. didn't catch a crappie only one bass.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:50 AM »
hairless and i fished it today still muddy. didn't catch a crappie only one bass.

Man, it's a tough bite everywhere!  Thanks for the report Jack

Offline kicked back

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 08:46 AM »
 :crybaby2:went to Bartlett yesterday and zero'd. Nothing at all, but I'm not a good crappie fisherman. met a good person Allen and he pointed out a couple spots but at the end of the day he said he zero'd also. spoke to 5 other boats and all the same thing. only one boat caught 2 bass in 20' down east of the dam. water is real stained/muddy and the temp was between 48 and 50 depending on you spot.
I hope to run into someone that knows a lot more than me next week. I will be going on tuesday and I wait till the sun is u,. just to cold for my old bones. thanks for the info. :notworthy:
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Thanks for the report.  Seems like all lakes are tough right now.

Offline freshwater

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 08:24 AM »
Took some frieds out for a boat ride yesterday on Sag. Most beautiful day on the water in a long time. Even put the awaning up. No crappie. Trolled .5 mph at 40' on mesquite flat for 6hrs.  Caught 4 green carp & 1 kat  Largest green was 4.15 lbs. Lovely day

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal