Author Topic: Wally Marshall Rods  (Read 6480 times)

Piscolli

Wally Marshall Rods
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I have several long rods for trolling, pitching and dipping. My favorite by far is my 9' Wally Marshall Pro Series from Bass Pro Shops. It is lite and sensative while its medium lite action has plenty of back bone for trolling heavier rigs and cranks.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Wally Marshall Rods
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Just bought one at BPS last week. Will be testing this baby out at our next night fishing excursion at Alamo. Feels light and the tip seems very sensitive. At first glance it looks like it will be a great rod.

Offline Halibut Warrior

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I have 2 WM Pro Series in the 10' version.  I don't leave home without them!  Once you get use to the length you'll want to do everything with them. I took'm to Hawaii last fall and caught hundreds of reef fish w/ a piece of squid under a casting bobber. And cast they do... make sure you'r far enough away from your target when u let'er rip! These rods are a bunch of fun.

Offline cval2300

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:55 PM »
I have 2 of these rods as well, a 8 ft and a 9 ft. its amazing how far they will zip a 1/16 oz jig with ease. Plus they are ultra sensitive yet still have a little backbone to them, not like a wet noodle like most of those long Crappie rods.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal