Author Topic: Roosevelt crappie report on G&F weekly report  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Roosevelt crappie report on G&F weekly report
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:17 AM »
According to the Game and Fish weekly fishing report.  Lots of people are haveing lots of success catching crappie at Roosevelt.  I wouldn't have guessed it from the Roosevelt crappie reports on this website.  Is anyone catching good numbers at Roosie?  I saw Art had some luck last month, how about now?  I'm heading up there for a few days the second week of March.  Hopefully I'll have something to report.
Rocky

Offline gonfishin

Re: Roosevelt crappie report on G&F weekly report
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42 AM »
I've found that the AG&F report is usually about 2 to 4 weeks behind - maybe it is reflecting Art's report from last month. I'll be up there on March 8th and 9th. Hope to have a good report.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59 AM »
I haven't heard of any good reports from Rosey in the last couple of weeks. Just alot of debris and stained water, no fish. A bunch of us will be up there for the open meeting on the 9th. Hope to see you then.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Yes, I've learned that it's better to make the fishing report then to follow one.  By the time you are reading about it, the bite is gone.  I went to a meeting last year, it sounds like a great club! I'll be there on the 11th-15th so I won't be able to make the meeting. I may show up to the Bob Hirsh Derby, that sounds like fun.  Maybe some day I'll join, however they may kick me out for keeping an occasional small one.  Desperate times call for desperate measures. 
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44 PM »
talked to Art C. last night about trolling motor and graph issues and I asked him about rosy reports, he indicated it was still real slooooow, said the nights are still in the 20's up in tonto basin he was going to fish this week and ck it out so maybe he will report better news or the same situation, slowwwwwwwww
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Mike / T

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Hello Everyone, and good fortune to all that post to the Crappie Forum,

My wife and I are ECSTATIC crappie fishing and people like all of you to tell us the good and the bad.

We have fish Rosie in the past, specifically Soleme Cove and have done really well. We always spend the day and night until the we are whipped.

We have had some 30-60 slab evenings. BUT that was 12 years ago sad to say.
Was hoping that any of you guy's and girls could provide some other location options.

We have a 24' Princecraft deck boat (Green over White) with a camper enclosure, that is in the overnight.

Would love any news anyone can provide and we will do the same upon once we return.

I think the Web site is great and hope everyone else does too...........Good fishing to all..........

Offline Mike / T

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Does anyone know the status of the boat ramps at Windy......if they are even in the water???

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 04:40 PM »
both ringtail and badger ramps are open at windy hill, the TNF for some reason has pulled the big dock out of the water at ringtail :dontknow: and badger ramp which is one of the biggest ramps on the lake has a small dock, one boat on each side
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal