Author Topic: bartlette or Rosie next week?  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
bartlette or Rosie next week?
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Which lake do you all think will turn on first for crappie after this storm?  From what I understand Bartlette water temp seems closer to spawning temp then Rosie.  We have warm weather comming our way next week and I have a feeling the crappie action is about to start.  I have all next week off to fish, I just can't decide which lake would be the best choice... Maybe both.  :dontknow:
Rocky

Offline ArZFisher

Re: bartlette or Rosie next week?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:37 AM »
I think personally Bartlett will turn on first. It's a lil lower in elevation and on Wednesday water temp was 61.8. However we don't get ur next full moon till either 27th 28th. Between no and then should be some good pre spawn fishing. I have not personally caught any keepers from Bartlett. With all the pressure Bartlett gets I think their are very few slabs in their or I just love catching dinks.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Give yourself variety and why not do both? I'd say Bartlett for sure though as it seems like more potential.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46 AM »
I've caught plenty of keepers out of Bartlette, but not for several years.  Last year just about every crappie I caught there was small.  For some reason they are big some years and small other years.   :dontknow: Thanks for your advise!
Rocky

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:57 AM »
IMO, Alamo

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 01:38 PM »
you might wait and see how much rain/snow this storm dumps, SRP may release a bunch of water out of horseshoe and fill bartlett quick which will make it muddy and cold and slow again till it fills and if the salt and tonto get to flowing real good like a couple storms back it will go up, get muddy etc., alamo is trying to get started but this storm will probably push them back out with the cooler water for at least a few days.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:42 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Rocko
I am dragging my 5th wheel up to Bartlett on Monday and planning on staying several days. Hoping to set up at SB Cove vs The Flatts. I will be in a Lowell Deck Boat with "The Desert Rat" tattooed on the bow---look for a 5th wheel pulled by a silver /grey F-250---I will be fishing Cat Bay Monday for certain and if that doesn't produce ,I will hit Alder Bay, then Quartz Mine--
Drop by and we can chat--
David

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 03:33 PM »
Desert rat, when I was there lake was at 70% and there very little beach area left at SB cove, now lake is up and probably going to go to 100% real quick this storm has the rivers running already heavy and SRP told me depending on runoff they were planning on filling bartlett quickly, so at 100% there is no camp area at SB cove and just a sliver of dry land up on the flats you might have to set up near the fish habitat building station but that road is a mess as going into the flats after a heavy rain, be careful
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 07:18 PM »
I spent about 3 hours on Bartlett yesterday. Water temp at 57 degrees. No crappie action at all. Used jigs and minows. Did not mark any fish "groups" either. Water clarity at about 12 inches. Staying warm and dry this weekend. Good Luck!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 08:26 AM »
Rocko
I am dragging my 5th wheel up to Bartlett on Monday and planning on staying several days. Hoping to set up at SB Cove vs The Flatts. I will be in a Lowell Deck Boat with "The Desert Rat" tattooed on the bow---look for a 5th wheel pulled by a silver /grey F-250---I will be fishing Cat Bay Monday for certain and if that doesn't produce ,I will hit Alder Bay, then Quartz Mine--
Drop by and we can chat--
David
Still not sure where I'm going yet but good luck I hope you get into them.  If we end up hitting Bartlette I'll stop by and see how the fish are cooperating.  Good luck
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal