Author Topic: 3/24/13 Bartlett :)))))))))))  (Read 10198 times)

Offline ArZFisher

3/24/13 Bartlett :)))))))))))
« on: March 24, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Well got on water today lil after 7. Water temp was 61 in morning and quickly rose to 65.8. Again we started of in same cove just north of yellow cliffs launch. I was more like a guide today than a fisherman. I took my mom and stepdad out for the day. Has of today my stepdad has never caught a crappie in Az since he has lived here I think like 15 years or something. I took him to Alamo last year when on fire and we were catching slabs all around him and he did not get 1 not even a nibble. So today I told him and my mom I would not be fishing until he gets a slab. 2 hrs go by my mom already has pulled in 4. He finally hooked up with nice slab then got off. He cast same spot again hooked up then off. I told him let me see what kind of hook u using. It was a lil trout hook :banghead:
I cut that off put on mr. Crappie hook and it was over. He got about 15 today biggest 1.7. My mom got 8 and I finally threw a line I for lil while picked up two.

Bartlett is on fire right now and only getting better every trip I take. All except 1 came from minnow bobber anywhere from 2 ft to 6 ft fished at is ticket. We also found several spawn beds. I showed my mom how to spawn fish she said one of coolest things she has ever seen actually getting to watch ur fish strike and then the whole fight. All pregnant females released and keep 7 big boys. Fish fry tomorrow !!!  Sry no pics I didn't have time with all the hook tie-in, net man, running boat, baitin hooks, I could not find time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:14 PM by ArZFisher »

Offline azbohunter

Re: 3/24/13 Bartlett :)))))))))))
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Great day for you and your parents, Good JOB....
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Very nicely done. Great time floating with the family, can't be beat. Thanks for letting the females return, my children thank you. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Good report, it is always great to hear about a trip such as this. Glad you got the step dad hooked up, he will always remember it. Thanks for sharing.
GOD BLESS

Offline dickjane

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:43 AM »
 Are all the docks available at Bartlett? Where did you launch? Great report. I'm suppose to take a couple guys (sounds like your parents) tomorrow.   
Thanks, Dick Sorensen
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:46 AM by dickjane »

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:45 AM »
Nice work out there. Glad you got into them for your parents.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Are all the docks available at Bartlett? Where did you launch? Great report. I'm suppose to take a couple guys (sounds like your parents) tomorrow.   
Thanks, Dick Sorensen

Yes all ramp are accessible. If u going for slabs I would launch at yellow cliffs and head north. Either hit all coves on way or go far as you want up river at hit coves on way back. Sunday we went all the way to jack cove and fish all the way back to ramp. Every cove had em just took lil more work in some.

Ill be out tomorrow between 7 and about 3. Ill be an ole 1960 starcraft blue and white, nissian 9.8 on back. Stop by if you see we can share a lil info.

Offline RickE

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 04:09 PM »
I'm somewhat of a crappie novice.  Coves north of Yellow Cliffs, either side of the Lake?  Work the shoreline in 2-6 feet deep, or center of coves???  Any other suggestions??  Thanks!!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:45 PM »
wow I had 63-65 degrees last week up shallow did that one day of wind and cooler temps really shut it down temp wise that much, few males are moving up hopefully as the moon is full more will show up?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 08:34 PM »
We found no males up shallow, just females.

That's crazy. Mom mom and I were watching crappie right next to boat doing the crappie dance lol. Their was one part in echo that had about 10 big slabs just cruzing around. In same part we found 3 beds. I pulled one right off of it in 1.5 of water sent right back. My finder is a lowrance hds5x. Bob were you they guys with the spider rig setup ??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal