Author Topic: 3/24/13 Bartlett :)))))))))))  (Read 10221 times)

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: 3/24/13 Bartlett :)))))))))))
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 09:44 PM »
We were there yesterday.  Water Temps 62  by noon west of Bartlett Flats.  Main lake was all over 60 deg AT 9:00 AM  We were fishing bass :(  Going tomorrow with the girls .  Spring Break. Crappie fishing this time.  Thanks for the great report. 

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 09:51 PM »
We were there yesterday.  Water Temps 62  by noon west of Bartlett Flats.  Main lake was all over 60 deg AT 9:00 AM  We were fishing bass :(  Going tomorrow with the girls .  Spring Break. Crappie fishing this time.  Thanks for the great report. 

Ya I basically just bass fished to got skunked. Ill be out in morning as well. Ill be in an ole starcraft with a 9.8 Nissan on the back. Ill probably start at Echo cove and go from their.

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 08:18 AM »
Great report.
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Well got on water today lil after 7. Water temp was 61 in morning and quickly rose to 65.8. Again we started of in same cove just north of yellow cliffs launch.

We never found any water above 58 degrees yesterday and we looked pretty much all over the lake.  What graph were you using to get the temp?

Hows your mom, did she get banged up at all when she fell in the boat?   Glad all was having fun.

So I think I may have figured out why my temp is a lil higher than yours. Right now I have transducer mounted at back of boat. So the only thing i can think of is either it's getting a heat from sun or I need to go into settings and adjust the temp settings if I can. I do have aluminum boat which gets real hot after a lil while but my transducer is mounted of boat a half inch so I don't think it's that. I brought my hand held temp gun and it said lake was a 1.5 to 2 degree difference. Going to to check settings and hopefully get fixed.  Thx for the temp info. I want to have my finder running at its best

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 05:49 AM »
one other thing with the water just now warming, at times my two humminbird graphs one up front on troll motor and the other on transom will read over a degree difference with the top stained water warming more quickly like a solar collector and the two transducers at different depths, yesterday at Bartlett I brought my troll motor up within 6-8" of the surface and left it there for a minute or so and then dropped it back down where it is 2' under water and temperature difference was close to two degrees :o so the top surface water is warming quick and as we get the warm days (and more importantly the warmer nights) the water column will all start to get warmer.I keep forgetting to bring my temperature probe I can drop down 5-6' because at times that water temp difference can be 4+ degrees cooler etc.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 01:37 PM »
one other thing with the water just now warming, at times my two humminbird graphs one up front on troll motor and the other on transom will read over a degree difference with the top stained water warming more quickly like a solar collector and the two transducers at different depths, yesterday at Bartlett I brought my troll motor up within 6-8" of the surface and left it there for a minute or so and then dropped it back down where it is 2' under water and temperature difference was close to two degrees :o so the top surface water is warming quick and as we get the warm days (and more importantly the warmer nights) the water column will all start to get warmer.I keep forgetting to bring my temperature probe I can drop down 5-6' because at times that water temp difference can be 4+ degrees cooler etc.

That makes sense. I was going to go in and adjust my temp setting. I found in lowrance book for hds finders u can manually adjust all kinds of stuff to improve your fishing : temp, speed etc...
But I think fishless hit it right on nose. With my transducer being so high in water colum I am getting most a surface temp and right on surface. My transducer only sits about 4-6 in below water. I really need to get a bow mount trolling motor so I can get a lil deeper reading.

Fishless what kinda of probe thermo u got got? Kinda interested in one. I got a digital temp gun but it will also only read surface. I have one for cooking food that goes in oven lol

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 02:04 PM »
I bought one of the automotive temp gauges that has the wired sensor on it which is about 5' long you can get them at checker, auto zone etc. not very expensive but checked it before I used it and it is accurate, I super glued a flat washer on the back side of it where it has the adhesive strip on the probe so that I can drop it over the edge of the boat and let it sink down to different depths and let it sit 30 seconds or so and it will bring up the temperature it is amazing how much it will change as the probe goes deeper especially in the spring when the water is just warming up, gives me an idea if the 64 degree magic water is down to a point where the crappie may move up to spawn
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:05 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal