Author Topic: Roosie heating up!  (Read 10136 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Roosie heating up!
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:42 PM »
We long line trolled on the Tonto end with fourty other boats this morning and it's starting to happen. Doing the same thing as last weeks report we boated 21 very nice crappie with four double hook-ups (both top and bottom jigs). Our newest member, Dave Nichols, along with his wife Kari had ten when we got there and ended up with 40 crappie and a couple of bass. I'm trying to get him to post details. For Fishless: my neighbor Terry caught 16 male crappie and a couple of bass casting jigs in the middle area of the lake in four feet of water or less. I wonder what day the severe cold front will hit the end of next week???!!!! ..........Art

Piscolli

Re: Roosie heating up!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Is this the year SCF has limits and moby slabs? I'm thinking so.
http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,1567.0.html

So, who's joining the 3 lb Club?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:52 PM »
Hey Art
thanks for the report sounds more like the old roosevelt I wonder what mid lake is considered?

hoping to be there thursday as alamo today died on us, never seen it go bust after last week :dontknow: :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Yukonleft

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28 PM »
I wonder what mid lake is considered?

Windy Hill?...and West?

Heading up with my Pawpaw and Bro on Wednesday.  I'm hoping to recreate a day from yesteryear for him. 

Offline d3vdawg

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 10:58 AM »
My Dad, Uncle and I were up at roosie for a week last week, every night we went out seemed to be hit and miss on the location, other nights we had them on radar and just couldnt get them to eat. Although we caught a 3.3 lb crappie and a 2.8 lb one as well. all and all it was a great trip even if the fish arnt biting

Offline jdmej1

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 12:51 PM »
We were also there this weekend but this was are first time out at rosy so we didn't know where to start fishing.. We mainly fished around windyhill on the north end and we managed to catch 25 crappie all week..  I was wondering Art where is the tonto end or where exactly are the fishing biting at... We manly fish San Carlos and there I can definitely tell you where the crappies are at but if you can guide me to at least where at on the tonto end i would greatly appreciated very much.. Thanks

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14 PM »
@jdmej1- The "Tonto" is the inflow on the farthest western part of the lake, coming in from Tonto Creek. A flotilla gathers throughout the channel and into the sticks. This is just my opinion, but it is less of the exact spot and more of the science to fishing it.. People catch crappie off the beach at Bermuda Flat and it is considering the "Tonto." 25 crappie all week isn't bad for not knowing the lake.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline jdmej1

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 01:43 PM »
@Papermouth thanks for the heads up but I am still lost to to where exactly is the tonto end. So I am assuming from the Cholla boat ramp up towards the west of it is consider the Tonto end and everything south toward Grapevine is the salt end? Sorry for being a hassle and I was wondering is there a general map of Rosy that can be pointed out to where the Tonto creek is or is it up north by Indian Point? Thanks again
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:46 PM by jdmej1 »

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Generally speaking, the Tonto end is Cholla boat launch and everything west. The Salt end is Windy Hill and everything east. My crowd of Roosy fisherman consider the dam and everything between Cholla and Windy Hill to be mid-lake. There is always a buoy line that runs North and South on both "ends" of the lake, those buoys lines are good places to start..
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Everything north of the dam is the Tonto and to the south is the Salt. My fishing the past few days is around the hazardous buoy line area at the mouth of Tonto Creek between mile marker 251 and 252 out from Burmuda Flats. You'll see the fleet when you get there. I didn't fish today (Tues.) but was told it was very slow. Will try again tomorrow.....Art

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal