Author Topic: 25-28 March  (Read 3784 times)

wadefisherman

25-28 March
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:26 PM »
What a great week ... Of nice weather, wish I could say the same for the fishing. Everyday was an adventure. Monday morning I fished solo, pounded the banks and trolled the trees landed 3 slabs all day, Craig and Chris showed up at 4ish and we tried trolling for a while. Gorgeous day and good company still = the 3 fish caught earlier. Tuesday we trolled shallow & deep with little to show for it, 1 nice slab & 1 bass. Wednesday shifted tactics and started working just deep water (1st bouy line/trees) with drop shot rigs or jig set ups, landed 14 missed about 5. Thurs fished from 7-10, picked up 4 more. It was a great week for being on the water, no real complaints but it was allot slower than past years. Numerous boats out there as usual, store ran out of minnows on monday, glad we brought our own. A lime green panfish assassin was deadly as well as a Chartuse pepper flake straight tail jig with green roadrunners, tipped or untipped with minnows worked well.

Offline azbohunter

Re: 25-28 March
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:30 PM »
Wow, I am really surprised at this! I would have thought that Alamo would be cooking by now. Well, I have reservations for 4 nights starting on Monday so might as well go and enjoy. Thanks for the post.
Maybe my allergies will be better there than they are here in the valley. Something good is bound to come out of 4 days on the lake!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:40 AM »
We talked to numerous people and all told the same story...  decent one day, zip the next...  Same area, same techniques...  Also, females are loaded with eggs, but not at all bloody...  Don't know, just a strange year...  Most oldtimers are saying worst in 10 yrs...

:dontknow:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline sandman

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 07:50 AM »
You, Brian and WIllie must have caught them all last year :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:03 AM »
that's the reason it was slow monday you were there :violent-smiley-007: >:( >:( and screwed it up :bootyshake:

Brian that lake is acting weird to say the least two weeks ago fish were staged to get after it and Monday it was like they left town, we had the cool snap with wind two days but the water temp was only down a couple degrees I have no idea where the fish went that we were tearing up the week before, if the females are still full of eggs they obviously have moved back their spawn date :dontknow: when ever the hell that will be :banghead:

had to go to Roosevelt yesterday to redeem myself

glad you had a good time and the weather has been fantastic
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal