Author Topic: Minnow at Alamo Store  (Read 8001 times)

Offline azbohunter

Minnow at Alamo Store
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:37 AM »
Heading to Alamo for 4 days next week, I live in NW Glendale. I noticed that there have been some negative reports on getting minnows at Alamo.......so what would be an alternative for me?
Is there something else?
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Piscolli

Re: Minnow at Alamo Store
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:25 AM »
Try to get them in town. I called and they said they had plenty, when we got there it was a 2 dozen limit. Plus the lady had an attitude problem.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 08:27 AM »
since you are in Glendale, Cabelas normally carries minnows over in the fishing area, just make sure you aerate them till you get to the lake etc.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:48 AM »
I got them at Wild horse for our Alamo trip last week with Chris and Brian 10 dz no problem $21.00 , at the lake they had none until Tue and they were more expensive. X2 on keep em on the bubbler with plenty of water in the pail

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:28 AM »
I got them at Wild horse for our Alamo trip last week with Chris and Brian 10 dz no problem $21.00

Wow. I went to wild horse last week and asked if they had deal if you buy a bunch of minnows at once. Lady said nope the price per dz is what it is and I wanted 8 dz if I could have got 10 dz for lil cheaper that would have been great. Was it a lady or a guy that helped with minnows ?? Two more dz for a buck ill do all day long I paid I think 20 for 8 dz and pretty sure it was not 8 dz. I'm a start counting them minnows to see how close they really get.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 11:51 AM »
Wild Horse sounds like the place, I would go for the 10 doz deal if that was an option. Need to find one of those bubblers though. Was at Cabelas last night and totally forgot it. Maybe Walmart???
Thanks for the replies and helpful suggestions.
Happy Easter to everyone, HE has risen today!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

wadefisherman

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 12:04 PM »
And keep hem as cool as possible or they will give up he ghost pretty quick.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:46 PM »
Wild Horse sounds like the place, I would go for the 10 doz deal if that was an option. Need to find one of those bubblers though. Was at Cabelas last night and totally forgot it. Maybe Walmart???
Thanks for the replies and helpful suggestions.

I know Sportsmans has them. I personally use the frabill Min-o2-life magnum. It comes with pump air line bucket insulated and small bubbler. I upgraded to bigger bubbler and it works lil better than one that comes with it. I have used this bucket for 1.5 yrs only had to grease motor where turns on this piece to quite it down a lil other than that awesome. They got a new one out its a bigger bucket built in pump and lights. I saw at Sportsmans for 79.99. Also has a aux output on it Crazy. I believe also you can just buy pump and bubbler separate if needed.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:13 PM »

+1 on that.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 08:07 PM »
When I buy minnows early in the morning at wild horse it is a younger kid thinking he is Russian, accent to his english, nice kid if I order 3 doz he does not count I normally get more than that

got a aereator at sportsmen a while back, dang can't remember the brand name the thing is so quiet you can barely tell it is running and it runs on 1 D battery that will last for over 24hrs and puts out good air through the stone
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal