Author Topic: Lund or Alumacraft...  (Read 4369 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Lund or Alumacraft...
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Ok peeps, I think I have sold my boat and getting ready to order a new "something" I have done tons of research and first choice would be a Lund Pro V IFS, second choice Alumacraft Dominator. To all of you Lund owners here, where do you go for warranty work? I really don't want to be tied to Vegas to have something fixed. Plus any pros and or cons to either boat...Thanks
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline TRITOON

Re: Lund or Alumacraft...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:00 PM »
If it keeps the water out and gets you there and back BUY IT.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:18 AM »
Lund is a great boat, if it's engine warranty any shop authorized can work on the engine if it is electrical or boat issues such as trailer or hull or fit and trim etc. that is where it gets a little sticky, heck you could have a livewell pump go bad in 2 weeks etc, you might call Lund and see if they have an authorized dealer here in the valley to deal with non engine warranty items might be just a boat shop, if not with cabelas handling all warranty aspects for the alumacraft that is a definite positive toward going that way.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58 PM »
I never needed any work done on my rig since I've owned it. Hope I didn't just hex myself.  :dontknow:

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 07:34 AM »
I have run Lunds for nearly 40 years, my current boat is a 16" Pro Angler w/50 Merc tiller. I have had the boat for at least 15 years with no problems. I have changed live well pump once, I am needing to replace the floor as I have a small soft spot but it has been that way for a couple years (procrastination). I have nothing but good things to say about Lund if you like a deep V boat.
There used to be a dealer in Scottsdale but not sure if they are still around!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 06:23 AM »
The Lund is a much more efficent hull IPS ,trolls better, fit and finish is better than alumacraft. Sure Cabelas handles Alumacraft also true is that Lunds don't usually need much service. one of my snowbird buddies just gave his Alumacrafd t dominator to his son inlaw ( he is not particularly fond of his son inlaw) and kept a tracker for himself this guy is 71 years old has owned over thirty boats that I know and taught me to fish walleyes 47 years ago .That should tell you something about current Alumacraft quality ( they were sold to a venture capital group not to long ago and customer service from the factory has been less than stellar . Alumacraft has had many problems with porposing due to a manufacturing problem with the hulls at the transom , something that Cabelas can not fix . In aluminum boats Lund is the gold standard neither is junk but for now there is no contest Lund.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal