Author Topic: Tempe Town Lake boat permit?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline longroofracer

Tempe Town Lake boat permit?
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:07 PM »
I just have a small 12' boat, and would like to get used to fishing with a passenger in it without heading to a larger lake. TTL requires some special permit, without much info that I have been able to find on the net on a holiday weekend. Anyone know the details other than no gas motors... mainly, do they need to inspect the boat, or can I get the permit on-line and just missed it somehow?
Thanks

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator

Offline longroofracer

Re: Tempe Town Lake boat permit?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Thanks, I found those links yesterday when this crossed my mind. As everyone is enjoying a long holiday weekend, they aren't answering the phone. I was mostly curious as to the cost, if there was an annual fee, or if they need to see the boat. If the boat doesn't need to be there, it would be easy, otherwise, it means a day off to drag it down there... if it can't be done on-line or through the mail. It would be easier to go to the smaller, local lakes to me... Lynx, Goldwater or Watson.

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Tempe Town Lake boat permit?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:29 AM »
You can take it to Sag or Canyon and stay behind the no wake buoys. That is where I spent a lot of time when I first got my 12' aluminum. There is plenty of area to fish and stay out of range of most of the idiots. Actually, this time of year you should be fine as there will few (if any) pleasure craft out. They have stocked trout in both lakes too. Sorry, I can't help you with TTL as I have never been there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal